Stricklen Re-signs with the Sun | The Boneyard

Stricklen Re-signs with the Sun

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Fingers crossed that she can perform like she did last year during the mid-season. She declined a bit at the end and has always been a bit streaky. With the tough Liberty, a maturing and dangerous Washington, and a quickly rising Atlanta (adding Collin, McCoughtry and Montgomery) in the East, it's going to be a tough go to improve on the Sun's breakout 2017 season.

Stricklen Re-signs With Sun - Connecticut Sun

Reaction Score
I’m curious how they work Chiney Ogwumike back into the lineup without disrupting the style of play that seemed to work for them last season. Any chance they trade Ogwumike?

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I think that trade is very unlikely. Agree that Chiney will be difficult to work back into the established line-up UNLESS she has expanded her game (like her sister did) to include a real outside threat. AT, JJ and CO would all be vying for the area of paint and you really don't want JJ to generally move outside and give up on her board dominance on the O-glass.

Assuming she's 100% (or better), I think at first Chiney will come off the bench and work up to about 20-25 minutes. How things develop from there, I bet Coach Miller doesn't even know at this point. So much depends on the make-up of the final roster and how various players have developed since last year.

Nice problem to have... they added an athletic, young All-Star and former ROY to the roster without giving up anything. :D

I really can't wait to see if Morgan can take a step up. At one time early last season she was the Sun's leading scorer and looked really good. Then she was out for an extended period. She came back pretty healthy and fit, but very out of synch and lacking confidence. Soooo many missed layups! She had a huge season in China and I hope that, like JJ and AT last year, the success carries over to the W.

upload_2018-2-1_14-1-59.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom