Strength of Schedule | The Boneyard

Strength of Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
First time I noticed how weak the OOC schedule is this year. The only game in question prior to the start of the season is Arkansas and possibly Tenn since the game is played in Tenn. Some probably think both Arkansas and Tenn should not be in doubt before the season started. The current SOS is 267.

My questions are: Did JC plan this and if so what do you suppose his reasons were/are? Will the SOS adversely impact NCAA seedings unless the team wins the Big East championship or does the Big East schedule mitigate the weak OOC schedule. Should JC schedule a game against one of the powers every year, to insure UConn gets on National television early in the season? It seems like every year Duke & Michigan State have marquee games early every year to get National exposure.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
UConn does not need to worry about strength of schedule this year. If they take care of business like they should, the fact that the SOS is weak won't matter one iota. Teams who are on the bubble need to worry about SOS.

Reaction Score
This year is just an exception in terms of scheduling. Or maybe we're just spoiled. But even in a down year we may get two ranked teams ooc with Tenn and FSU. Next year we get Arizona in the Carrier Classic and I think we have Texas again, right? Anyways this is the first time we won't be play three ranked teams ooc since the 06-07 season. In case you are wondering..

10-11: #2 MSU, #9 UK, #12 Texas
09-10: #7 Duke, #4 UK, #1 Texas
08-09: #16 Miami, #19 Wisconsin, #7 Gonzaga
07-08: #3 Memphis, #19 Gonzaga, #8 Indiana

Reaction Score
Something else to consider with the SOS: I think a lot of the schedule was set before Daniels committed to UConn and was probably locked in by the time Drummond committed.

Reaction Score
First time I noticed how weak the OOC schedule is this year. The only game in question prior to the start of the season is Arkansas and possibly Tenn since the game is played in Tenn. Some probably think both Arkansas and Tenn should not be in doubt before the season started. The current SOS is 267.

My questions are: Did JC plan this and if so what do you suppose his reasons were/are? Will the SOS adversely impact NCAA seedings unless the team wins the Big East championship or does the Big East schedule mitigate the weak OOC schedule. Should JC schedule a game against one of the powers every year, to insure UConn gets on National television early in the season? It seems like every year Duke & Michigan State have marquee games early every year to get National exposure.
Umm, I don't think JC expected a defending championship caliber team. He expected lots of sophs and frosh, with almost no upperclassmen that had experience. Besides, it's not OUR fault lots of people duck us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom