Streaming | The Boneyard

Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I signed up to be notified and have heard nothing yet. The season is getting closer it would seem that now would be a good time to give us some info.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
There is a question about whether the games broadcast on WTIC will be streamed for free as they have been. This blurb from Rich Elliott's blog about the recently announced deal with WTIC suggests not:

A source said that because IMG owns the rights to the broadcasts, WTIC will be unable to stream the games live on its website. Fans can access the games via Huskies All-Access at www.UConnHuskies.com for fees of $14.95 a month or $119.95 a year (about $1 per event).

I'm a regular listener of the post-game show with CD and I hope I don't have to pay for access to it.

As for SNY streaming, I expect the quality to be excellent.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller confirms that the wtic broadcasts will no longer be streamed for free:

One thing not mentioned in the release is that WTIC no longer controls the live streaming portion of their broadcasts so those people who do not live close enough to get the signals from WTIC or the other stations which carry UConn games will have to pay to hear the games through the all-access program on www.uconnhuskies.com

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Wow, I think that was clearly an unknown going into the season. My guess is that had the fanbase known that, there would have been far more support to keep things as they were. But then again, I may be wrong.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
From John A yesterday - "What hasn’t been announced yet is how on-line streaming of the games will be handled; whether it will be available on WTIC’s site or UConn’s athletic site or whether there will be a charge."

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
From Rich - even more details-
"A source said that because IMG owns the rights to the broadcasts, WTIC will be unable to stream the games live on its website. Fans can access the games via Huskies All-Access at www.UConnHuskies.com for fees of $14.95 a month or $119.95 a year (about $1 per event).
The games will also now be available on SiriusXM satellite radio."

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
. Fans can access the games via Huskies All-Access at www.UConnHuskies.com for fees of $14.95 a month or $119.95 a year (about $1 per event).
The games will also now be available on SiriusXM satellite radio."

LOL, kill the golden goose. The complete NFL package via DirecTV for $199.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Unless all you want is the radio for hoops. It is the only UConn athletics I watch. The SNY package on DirecTV for just hoops months is only $72.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
We don't have SNY even offered on Bright House - but then again we don't have the NFL network offered either...pricks! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom