Streaming possibilities? | The Boneyard

Streaming possibilities?

Reaction Score
My local cable carrier, Xfinity, does not carry SNY, and it won’t allow access through SportsNBC. Also can’t get SNY through AppleTV, Ruku or any of the others. Even though they have SportsNBC, they won’t allow me to use it to access SNY in my location. ESPN 3 blacks out all Uconn games in my location. No problem in most of NH, but I’m in an area on the VT border, and the blackout area encroaches very slightly into NH — including my town.
Any ideas?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You need to hook up a laptop or PC to your TV and go to ESPN3 to see the SNY games.

Reaction Score
My local cable carrier, Xfinity, does not carry SNY, and it won’t allow access through SportsNBC. Also can’t get SNY through AppleTV, Ruku or any of the others. Even though they have SportsNBC, they won’t allow me to use it to access SNY in my location. ESPN 3 blacks out all Uconn games in my location. No problem in most of NH, but I’m in an area on the VT border, and the blackout area encroaches very slightly into NH — including my town.
Any ideas?
I use the YouTubeTV streaming service, not to be confused with regular YouTube. Both ESPN and SNY are included channels, as are several other sports channels including CBS Sports. Plus it has cloud dvr, meaning you can program it to record and store games (or anything else) in the cloud, and then watch them anytime, and repeatedly, for a year. I am a happy camper.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IF you use Roku or FireTV as your streaming Vehicle, seach for the ESPN Channel and install it. Using the ESPN APP/Channel you'll have access to ESPN3 Content since you have YouTube TV Subscription. I watch ESPN3 using my ROKU Stick. I no longer subscribe to YouTube TV, but had access to ESPN3 when I did.

I use the YouTubeTV streaming service, not to be confused with regular YouTube. Both ESPN and SNY are included channels, as are several other sports channels including CBS Sports. Plus it has cloud dvr, meaning you can program it to record and store games (or anything else) in the cloud, and then watch them anytime, and repeatedly, for a year. I am a happy camper.

Reaction Score
if you sstill get blacked out, use a vpn service. read up on how to install and use.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
if you sstill get blacked out, use a vpn service. read up on how to install and use.
I tried to go that route with my ROKU and YouTubeTV and was not successful in using a NYC VPN server because with YouTubeTV I have to have a home location which is not up North. I tried to change that but with the use of real time location being used by the service, I just gave up. And no one here on the BY was able to help me. Luckily the ESPN app on ROKU did the trick after all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom