Streaks and why breaks are good | The Boneyard

Streaks and why breaks are good

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Thinking about all the streaks that were broken this year with the UConn program, wondering if they serve as a valve, just like that little thingy that sat atop a pressure cooker and danced back and forth. #1 and highly ranked recruits come to the program, with full knowledge of its history, and understand the expectations, however until they start to play, it probably seems surreal. And to expect that all the streaks continue forever is unhealthy and unrealistic. Fun, yes, but added pressure on players. It's mind boggling.

This year, the program finally lost in the NC, going 11-1. Fourteen consecutive final fours. First conference loss in years. First loss to unranked team in years. There are others, but my addled brain is still suffering from a lack of sleep and caffeine.

I will confess, however, that I had a tab open to purchase two t-shirts if we won last night. One, "We Raise Banners" and the other, "January, February, UConn, April", a cheeky suggestion that UConn owns March. I will have to live with me We Want UConn and Everybody Eats shirts until next year. ❤️

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I will confess, however, that I had a tab open to purchase two t-shirts if we won last night. One, "We Raise Banners" and the other, "January, February, UConn, April", a cheeky suggestion that UConn owns March. I will have to live with me We Want UConn and Everybody Eats shirts until next year. ❤️
Ah so you're the one who messed up the mojo.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thinking about all the streaks that were broken this year with the UConn program, wondering if they serve as a valve, just like that little thingy that sat atop a pressure cooker and danced back and forth. #1 and highly ranked recruits come to the program, with full knowledge of its history, and understand the expectations, however until they start to play, it probably seems surreal. And to expect that all the streaks continue forever is unhealthy and unrealistic. Fun, yes, but added pressure on players. It's mind boggling.

This year, the program finally lost in the NC, going 11-1. Fourteen consecutive final fours. First conference loss in years. First loss to unranked team in years. There are others, but my addled brain is still suffering from a lack of sleep and caffeine.

One of the other streaks is that for the first time since 2007 UCONN was without a WBCA All American.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Well, in my defense, it was just an open tab, and I hadn't put them in my cart yet, so that's technically not a mojo violation.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well, in my defense, it was just an open tab, and I hadn't put them in my cart yet, so that's technically not a mojo violation.
IDK, mojo's kinda touchy. :confused:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Angry Jim Henson GIF by Muppet Wiki

Let’s get him!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom