Strategy for the last defensive play... | The Boneyard

Strategy for the last defensive play...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Instead of allowing Shaq Goodwin take that jumper, Nolan should have fouled him immediately, or even foul earlier in the clock so that we had more time to take the last shot and win the game.

Goodwin is not a good free throw shooter. He could have missed a free throw and tied it instead. At worst we would still be down by one but with more time on the clock and more time to make the last shot and set up a good play after a timeout. I would take my chances in that situation. I was screaming at the TV for them to foul. I'm pissed. Sometimes I really don't understand KO's logic...

Reaction Score
That's a tough one although I was thinking the same thing. It just shouldn't come to that play against that team anyway.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
That's about #998 on the list of 1000 things you do in that scenario. You never foul a guy up 1 ... and if you manage to make their 6-9 under-performing forward take a fading shot over your 6-11 center then you're probably walking away a winner more times than not. They got a lucky bounce, so be it.

Reaction Score
That's about #998 on the list of 1000 things you do in that scenario. You never foul a guy up 1 ... and if you manage to make their 6-9 under-performing forward take a fading shot over your 6-11 center then you're probably walking away a winner more times than not. They got a lucky bounce, so be it.
I agree with this. Phil played reasonably good defense. He hit the shot. You live with that.

I'm much more concerned with the no-shot possession that preceded that shot, and the poor-shot possession that followed it.

Reaction Score
The ball bounced on the rim 48 times. It wasnt exactly a wide open look, and Phil had a hand in his face. Tough break, and I wish Boat got a little better look on the last shot.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
That's a tough one although I was thinking the same thing. It just shouldn't come to that play against that team anyway.

Oh I totally agree with you that we should have never been in that position to begin begin with. I am just simply stating what I would have done as a coach and thats Hack a Shaq. I would like my chances down one point with more time on the clock and just driving to the basket for the last shot, especially with Boat on my team. Boat's last shot was too rushed, 8 seconds is not enough time. I doubt Goodwin would have made both free throws in a pressure situation seeing how poor of a shooter he is (66.3% FT shooter). But as always, KO loves to just play solid defense. But I kind of had a feeling they were going to make the last basket just by seeing how the game was going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom