Stranger Things 3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stranger Things 3

Reaction Score
Ethan Hawke + Uma Thurman = Favorite new addition (Thought she did a good job. Had no idea of her parental lineage.)
View attachment 44910

Was definitely better than last season. Wondering where they go. Post credit scene is a must if you haven't seen it.
No doubt. The first time I saw her on screen I knew she had something. Sure enough, Hollywood royalty. She'll be huge.

Reaction Score
I thought I saw a few hidden references to iconic 80's stuff. The Russian was Arnold in The Terminator. I thought I saw The Shining when I saw Jonathan, I think it was him, limping through the hospital with a weapon in his hand, looking like Jack. Maybe the Ships Ahoy costume is a reference to Judge Reinhold in Fast Times when he had that pirate outfit.
He also had a line that was a throwback to Lethal Weapon - "You're a police officer, police officers can't shoot people", or some variant of that. I think it was in the second movie with the South Africans.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I thought I saw a few hidden references to iconic 80's stuff. The Russian was Arnold in The Terminator. I thought I saw The Shining when I saw Jonathan, I think it was him, limping through the hospital with a weapon in his hand, looking like Jack. Maybe the Ships Ahoy costume is a reference to Judge Reinhold in Fast Times when he had that pirate outfit.

I thought the Russian dude was supposed to be the other Terminator in the sequel - the bad guy?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I thought the Russian dude was supposed to be the other Terminator in the sequel - the bad guy?
The original terminator was 84 so the timeline fits. T2 was 91 (wikipedia). I just thought he looked and sounded like Arnold.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The original terminator was 84 so the timeline fits. T2 was 91 (wikipedia). I just thought he looked and sounded like Arnold.

Yeah he looked/sounded like Arnold but the way he moved around reminded me more of Robert Patrick's character from T2. Maybe it's because he was chasing Hopper the whole time?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
As with other, I really enjoyed this season once it got rolling. The first 2-3 episodes were awfully slow however.

As for nitpicking the show I won't worry about plot holes. Instead I'll talk about hair. What the hell is with the hair on Will and Mike? Even Dustin's is very atypical of that era. Nobody in 1985 had a bowl cut or whatever the hell quasi-bowl cut Mike has. I think the Duffers are confusing 1985 with 1975. Billy looks like he's straight out of the late 70's. Even Harrington is iffy, because they don't make him "New Wave" enough for that hair. On a plus note, they nailed Eleven's restyling.

Mid 80's were peak preppy with mullets, post punk and new wave mixed in. Hoping Mike and Will gets a proper short, preppy cut and Dustin turns those curls into a mullet.
The kids are supposed to be losers....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom