Stranger Things 3 | The Boneyard

Stranger Things 3

Reaction Score
Surprised there's not a thread already, but just finished watching. Thought this season was a big improvement on season 2, the last 3-4 episodes of the season were tremendous

Reaction Score
Agreed - was a little bored during the first 2-3 episodes - like this is getting tedious - but it picked up steam midseason and closed really strong...

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I enjoyed it as well. The show is a really weird mix of nostalgia, goofiness and sci-fi/horror but they somehow tie it all together nicely.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Ethan Hawke + Uma Thurman = Favorite new addition (Thought she did a good job. Had no idea of her parental lineage.)

Was definitely better than last season. Wondering where they go. Post credit scene is a must if you haven't seen it.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I liked it, but the post-credits scene annoyed me.

I'm just tired of movies and TV shows "killing off" characters just to bring them back. It serves pretty much no purpose except to toy with the viewers' emotions and takes the high-stakes out of impactful character deaths. Does anyone have any doubt that Hopper is still alive? It's getting to the point where when a major character dies on a TV show or in a movie series that I'm surprised when they actually stay dead.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I liked it, but the post-credits scene annoyed me.
But you don't actually see Hopper die so I think it's fair game. I mean, if they brought back Billy that's another story. Also, there's a chance that "the American" is someone else and maybe Hopper is still alive but jumped into the upside down so he wouldn't die and is stuck there.

Reaction Score
But you don't actually see Hopper die so I think it's fair game. I mean, if they brought back Billy that's another story. Also, there's a chance that "the American" is someone else and maybe Hopper is still alive but jumped into the upside down so he wouldn't die and is stuck there.
There's speculation the American is Brenner. It's more than likely Hopper which I'm fine with, but it'll be interesting to see

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
What I still don't understand is what motivated the Russians? Did they ever explain it? It wasn't purely to take down America since they started in Russia first.

Also, the monster had aspirations to take over the world. How in the hell was that going to happen; it was a big spider with no weapons that couldn't beat 4 kids. Billy could have just beat them all up himself.

And what's up with the emergency response? A big nothin-burger until the cavalry comes rolling in. They didn't call anyone while they were getting to the helicopters, and flying over?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
What I still don't understand is what motivated the Russians? Did they ever explain it? It wasn't purely to take down America since they started in Russia first.

Also, the monster had aspirations to take over the world. How in the hell was that going to happen; it was a big spider with no weapons that couldn't beat 4 kids. Billy could have just beat them all up himself.

And what's up with the emergency response? A big nothin-burger until the cavalry comes rolling in. They didn't call anyone while they were getting to the helicopters, and flying over?

This takes place during the Cold War, so I would imagine the Russians were hoping to exploit the Demogorgon/Mind Flayer's power to use against the Americans.

The emergency response thing was a huge plot hole for me too. Zero chance they wouldn't be able to get the cavalry there sooner.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
About halfway through this season. Sooooo much better than Part 2. It has better action, better drama, and is more funny. Wife went away this weekend so I can’t finish. Tempted to create a secret Netflix account LOL

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This takes place during the Cold War, so I would imagine the Russians were hoping to exploit the Demogorgon/Mind Flayer's power to use against the Americans.

The emergency response thing was a huge plot hole for me too. Zero chance they wouldn't be able to get the cavalry there sooner.
My impression of why the mindflayer made his move when he did was that he believed that 11 was sufficiently injured and that claiming her would greatly enhance his power.

Concerning plot holes, you really have to suspend your disbelief. It's a wacky, fun show. Two teens in sailor costumes (and two additional nerdkins) get caught in a secret underground facility teeming with security and only one way out, yet somehow escape while under the influence.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just finished season 3 last night.

Definitely liked it better than season 2.

Still can't stand Will's character.

The Ship's Ahoy costume has a strong possibility of being my Halloween Costume for this year.

Reaction Score
Lots of unanswered questions for Season 4. Is Hopper alive? Does El get her powers back? Do they come back to town? Great mix of sci-fi, comedy, young romance and music. Sort of like the "Little Rascals" meet Russian Frankenstein.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I definitely did not think I'd like Winona Ryder or her character but she has was much better than I thought.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Like others have said, I definitely liked season 3 better than season 2. It also got better as the season wore on. Loved the reactions of everyone to Dustin and his girlfriend's duet near the end.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As with other, I really enjoyed this season once it got rolling. The first 2-3 episodes were awfully slow however.

As for nitpicking the show I won't worry about plot holes. Instead I'll talk about hair. What the hell is with the hair on Will and Mike? Even Dustin's is very atypical of that era. Nobody in 1985 had a bowl cut or whatever the hell quasi-bowl cut Mike has. I think the Duffers are confusing 1985 with 1975. Billy looks like he's straight out of the late 70's. Even Harrington is iffy, because they don't make him "New Wave" enough for that hair. On a plus note, they nailed Eleven's restyling.

Mid 80's were peak preppy with mullets, post punk and new wave mixed in. Hoping Mike and Will gets a proper short, preppy cut and Dustin turns those curls into a mullet.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I think season 3 was the best thus far. Season 2 was meh and I was beginning to sour on the show a few episodes in to season 3, then it took off and finished extremely strong.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Just finished. The last stretch of episodes so damn good. Like the best TV I’ve watched in a long time

Reaction Score
I binged all three seasons over the last 3 weeks. Loved all three and don't know why there is such a distaste for season 2.

• The Ships Ahoy outfit was pure gold.
  • The NeverEnding Story duet might be my favorite moment of Season 3.
  • As an 80's kid, I love just seeing the same Tupperware pitcher I got sugary Kool Aid out of my entire child hood.
  • Hopper is definitely alive. Rule # 1 of deaths on film. No body? No death.
  • Very curious to see where next season goes (supposedly there'll only be 4). Does 008 or any of the others (001 - 008, 009 and 010) ever appear? Will the gang get back together? I have to assume so, you don't break up the Goonies.

Reaction Score
Also, one last thing....at the end of Season 2, whatever came out of Will was stuck outside the gate when 011 closed it. That being came back in Season 3 and grew to be the Flayer.

The Flayer was outside the gate when it was killed in Season 3? Where is it going? How does it "die" now?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I definitely did not think I'd like Winona Ryder or her character but she has was much better than I thought.

Dracula was peak Winona Ryder. But her acting might be better now.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I binged all three seasons over the last 3 weeks. Loved all three and don't know why there is such a distaste for season 2.

• The Ships Ahoy outfit was pure gold.
  • The NeverEnding Story duet might be my favorite moment of Season 3.
  • As an 80's kid, I love just seeing the same Tupperware pitcher I got sugary Kool Aid out of my entire child hood.
  • Hopper is definitely alive. Rule # 1 of deaths on film. No body? No death.
  • Very curious to see where next season goes (supposedly there'll only be 4). Does 008 or any of the others (001 - 008, 009 and 010) ever appear? Will the gang get back together? I have to assume so, you don't break up the Goonies.
The duet was the epitome of what makes this show so great. Got the audience pissing their pants in suspense? Let’s double down and make them piss their pants in laughter.

My distaste (and I think I speak for most people) with season 2 was the episode with 11’s sister.

Season 3 was literally perfect though. I can’t believe how gory it was. Many times I was “ my 5th graders at work love this show.”

Reaction Score
The duet was the epitome of what makes this show so great. Got the audience pissing their pants in suspense? Let’s double down and make them piss their pants in laughter.

My distaste (and I think I speak for most people) with season 2 was the episode with 11’s sister.

Season 3 was literally perfect though. I can’t believe how gory it was. Many times I was “# 2 my 5th graders at work love this show.”

My feeling on the sister is that it was a prelude to a future plot line. I don't know what it would serve to have her be part of the past seasons and have that episode, never to do anything else with it.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The Ship's Ahoy costume has a strong possibility of being my Halloween Costume for this year.
I thought I saw a few hidden references to iconic 80's stuff. The Russian was Arnold in The Terminator. I thought I saw The Shining when I saw Jonathan, I think it was him, limping through the hospital with a weapon in his hand, looking like Jack. Maybe the Ships Ahoy costume is a reference to Judge Reinhold in Fast Times when he had that pirate outfit.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
My feeling on the sister is that it was a prelude to a future plot line. I don't know what it would serve to have her be part of the past seasons and have that episode, never to do anything else with it.
Yes, agreed. Likely spin offs with each kid that has powers.

Agree with @Dream Jobbed 2.0 that episode was my least favorite of the entire series and just felt completely out of place.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom