Stranger Things 2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stranger Things 2

Reaction Score
Just finished. Really liked it. Graduated in 88 so like seeing my youth on screen with excitement and aliens

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This is going to sound awful but...does Nancy smile the entire two seasons? Obviously a very pretty girl but one of the worst cases of resting bitch face ever.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Great last two episodes. No disappointments on my end.

The scene where Elle entered the house was great.

More!!

Reaction Score
This is going to sound awful but...does Nancy smile the entire two seasons? Obviously a very pretty girl but one of the worst cases of resting bitch face ever.
Don’t think she has much to smile about in S2, it’s kinda what led to her breaking up with whatshisface

Reaction Score
Just finished season 2 over the weekend. Loved it but found episode 7 (the lost sister) to be dumb and unnecessary. Last 2 episodes were fantastic. Loved the Jurassic Park reference when they had to reset the circuit breakers and of course I loved Sean Astin (aka Mikey from the Goonies) wonder out loud if the "X" on the map meant there was pirate treasure there.
There are tons of those things in it. When Hopper goes back for his hat it's a shout out to Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Jonathon / Nancy schtick in the conspiracy dude's bunker is straight out of Temple of Doom

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Just finished both season a couple days ago. After resisting forever.

I kinda like it, but man its got epic potential to be just horrible too. The story lines are just hideous, but very much offset by the characters (and some of) the acting.

They should really quit now. But they wont. I can see S2E7 either spinning into its own thing or becoming the basis for S3 and it wont be good.

Also they are changing the tone of so many characters. I loved Dustin in S1. Thought they kinda hacked him up in S2. In fairness, they did really well with Steve.

Max and the bully Rob Lowe seemed absolutely pointless.

Not sure what they can do with this now. But the first 2 were worth the watch.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Just finished both season a couple days ago. After resisting forever.

I kinda like it, but man its got epic potential to be just horrible too. The story lines are just hideous, but very much offset by the characters (and some of) the acting.

They should really quit now. But they wont. I can see S2E7 either spinning into its own thing or becoming the basis for S3 and it wont be good.

Also they are changing the tone of so many characters. I loved Dustin in S1. Thought they kinda hacked him up in S2. In fairness, they did really well with Steve.

Max and the bully Rob Lowe seemed absolutely pointless.

Not sure what they can do with this now. But the first 2 were worth the watch.
Steve was supposed to be Demigorgen chow at the end of season 1 but the actor made the character too likable to kill off

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I gotta ask, when 11 went through the portal in the school, does the hole close up on its own?

Why was the doctor not murdered by the demadogs?

Why didn't the scientist people just kill 11's mom?

Steve can fight Mythical creatures, but gets his bum handed to him by that randy.

Does anyone else hate Mike? I found his character extremely annoying this season.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I gotta ask, when 11 went through the portal in the school, does the hole close up on its own?

Why was the doctor not murdered by the demadogs?

Why didn't the scientist people just kill 11's mom?

Steve can fight Mythical creatures, but gets his bum handed to him by that randy.

Does anyone else hate Mike? I found his character extremely annoying this season.
All of the above. Shut the show down while they're ahead

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sorry if I missed it and am asking dumb questions

was the “antagonist” ever explained at all? What it is, why it’s there, how it is linked to the “upside down”, why it cares about Will, and its overall motive? And so was it never really at all vanquished by eleven? Did anything happen to that doctor guy who seemed to be the main human antagonist? Just got killed by velociraptors? And once again, with a snap of the fingers and a drawn out shot of eleven screaming at the top of her lungs, the problem is wiped away. I get that there will be follow up season but I wish they didn’t just mention the Russian spies once or twice then never address it again

Frankly I hated that it devolved in to Jurassic Park for the last 4 episodes
Don't overthink it, a lot of it doesn't make any sense but it's not supposed to. It's just a really fun show, with great characters. It's 20 episodes of The Goonies, can't imagine how much I would have loved it as a kid.

Reaction Score
Don't overthink it, a lot of it doesn't make any sense but it's not supposed to. It's just a really fun show, with great characters. It's 20 episodes of The Goonies, can't imagine how much I would have loved it as a kid.
I’m sorry but this show never gave a “we’re not taking this seriously and neither should you!” kind vibe; from the plot, to its dark feeling, to the script, to the characters and their mannerisms. This is an adult show with adult viewers, some of whom, like me, can’t have that much fun with content that doesn’t make sense.

And I’m not talking about “doesn’t make sense” as in a concept or execution of a concept that doesn’t make sense; I mean the work is not even coherent. Just incomplete and poor story-telling.

But hey if the show makes you feel like an 8 year old and you like feeling like an 8 year old then good for you

Reaction Score
I’m sorry but this show never gave a “we’re not taking this seriously and neither should you!” kind vibe; from the plot, to its dark feeling, to the script, to the characters and their mannerisms. This is an adult show with adult viewers, some of whom, like me, can’t have that much fun with content that doesn’t make sense.

And I’m not talking about “doesn’t make sense” as in a concept or execution of a concept that doesn’t make sense; I mean the work is not even coherent. Just incomplete and poor story-telling.

But hey if the show makes you feel like an 8 year old and you like feeling like an 8 year old then good for you
It's a kids show, it's The Goonies 2.0.

Holy cr@p, if you're watching Stranger Things for serious content I don't know what to tell you.

Reaction Score

Holy cr@p, if you're watching Stranger Things for serious content I don't know what to tell you.
Hey! This show is based on stuff that supposedly happened (joking) in my home town!

Reaction Score

It’s fine if it’s the Goonies. It doesn’t have to be serious. If that’s where you still think I’m coming from on this then you are just lost and/or not reading, and I’ve wasted my time

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom