Story: Pitt/SU Will Be Held To June 2014 Exit | The Boneyard

Story: Pitt/SU Will Be Held To June 2014 Exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Leaves a long time to negotiate early exit fees. Or for the Big East to collapse entirely before then.

Reaction Score
See ... that's far worse than the Money Exit. The $5m is nothing compared to the poor sour grapes AND being precluded from those years of income that will come when ESPN renegotiates.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
That would force the ACC's hand in taking at least one more school to collapse the league, and maybe two...

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
No one is going to tell them that they can leave any earlier at this point. In a few months once things are sorted out the parties may agree to move up the separation date.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
What if all of the remaining Big East schools agree to merge with the Big 12 teams and form a new all-sports conference (with the Big East's permission). Then, the Big East (which is a non-football conference) forces Pitt and Syracuse to remain in the conference (that does not offer footballl at this point), thus forcing them to play basically an independent schedule. That would be the ultimate in payback and holding a grudge. Not likely to happen, but how hilarious would that be!:)

Reaction Score
Well, the Big East has to play whatever power cards they have left. You can't make this a cake walk for the ACC. It's nothing personal against SU/Pitt. I'm sure they will work something out before 27 months but the Big East nor should they make it easy.

Reaction Score
What if all of the remaining Big East schools agree to merge with the Big 12 teams and form a new all-sports conference (with the Big East's permission). Then, the Big East (which is a non-football conference) forces Pitt and Syracuse to remain in the conference (that does not offer footballl at this point), thus forcing them to play basically an independent schedule. That would be the ultimate in payback and holding a grudge. Not likely to happen, but how hilarious would that be!:)
It would be fun, but I suspect they would be allowed to play ACC football for that year. I don't know exactly when or if they gave official notice to the Big East, but to me a better strategy would be to say 27 months means "You're in the Big East until January 1, 2014." then make them schedule Big East road games in December.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The Providence Pasta Parade marches on!

Gawd I want out from under these idiots yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom