Storrs Saturday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Storrs Saturday

Reaction Score
Honestly, when I was a student I would go to Moes or Mooyah so I feel like that's where I would go for old times sake

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Went to Zingerman’s when I was out there for my daughter’s Law School graduation. Fantastic food!!
We get their gift catalogue now and have sent various of their food packages and baskets to family and friends as gifts, all of which have been very well received. A client sends us their coffee cake every year and it is always a hit. Incredibly dense and moist.

Reaction Score
they don't ticket you...do a lot of people park in that lot.

The lots are free to park in for anyone after 5pm. I have a faculty parking badge anyways, but I'm almost 100% sure on that.

Reaction Score
The big lot between South Campus and E O Smith is free after 5 and on weekends.

Reaction Score
I havent been to a game in Gampel since Kemba hit a shot at the buzzer against Villanova. What are the best places to eat around there? What is the best place to park?
I've been to Dog Lane 3-4 times since it opened. It's not amazing, but it never disappoints.

Their breakfast sandwiches eat like a lunch and getting homefries for an extra $2 is totally worth it. Their pulled pork, egg, pepperjack, chili sauce sandwich is my favorite. Last time there, I enjoyed a turkey, egg, swiss, avocado, tomato sandwich. Decent pastrami too.

If you don't mind walking, park at the high school and then take a nice walk through campus from Dog Lane to Gampel. I'm not eating at Dog Lane today, but if I were, I'd get a sandwich before the game and then order a takeout smoothie to keep reserve in the car for the drive home.

Enjoy the game!

Reaction Score
Season ticket holder who hasn’t been to a game at Gampel in at least 3 years partially due to Covid and partially because I now live in VT about 250 miles away. I don’t think I missed a game from 1990-2013. I will be there today in section 119 row L seat 3 or 4. Any boneyarders want stop and say hi feel free. Can’t wait to get there.

Reaction Score
I think WilliBrew is the best option in the area for pre or post game food and drink:

My only warning about Willi brew is there is no separate bar service that is first come first serve. You can grab a beer while you wait for a table but last time we tried to go after a UConn game was an hour and a half wait

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My only warning about Willi brew is there is no separate bar service that is first come first serve. You can grab a beer while you wait for a table but last time we tried to go after a UConn game was an hour and a half wait
We usually make reservations if we have more than two of us; otherwise we wait for space in or at the bar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom