Storrs Saturday | The Boneyard

Storrs Saturday

Reaction Score
I havent been to a game in Gampel since Kemba hit a shot at the buzzer against Villanova. What are the best places to eat around there? What is the best place to park?

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
There are not a lot of good food options near campus. Willington Pizza is always good. If you're coming off I-84 at the Rt. 195 exit there's a pizza place right off the highway in Tolland called Camille's Wood Fired Pizza that is very good.

If you're in a hurry there's a food court in the Student Union building across the street from Gampel with some stuff that's decent.

Reaction Score
Park in the faculty lots by EO Smith if you don't want to pay. Probably quicker to get out too.
This is definitely the move for parking, as long as you don't mind a 10 minute walk. Right next to Downtown Storrs too, which is probably your best bet for food.

Reaction Score
There are not a lot of good food options near campus. Willington Pizza is always good. If you're coming off I-84 at the Rt. 195 exit there's a pizza place right off the highway in Tolland called Camille's Wood Fired Pizza that is very good.

If you're in a hurry there's a food court in the Student Union building across the street from Gampel with some stuff that's decent.

Unless you want jalapeno mac and cheese

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Downtown Storrs:
Brooklyn Dumpling Shop
Dog Lane Cafe
Little Aladdin

Options off campus (all on Rt. 44):
Red Rock Cafe
Hops 44
Margarita's
Willington Pizza

If you need something fast and Brooklyn Dumpling has a line out the door, you can try Blaze Pizza or Moe's Southwest Grill.

Reaction Score
I'm a lazy boomer who hates the cold so I park in the garage right next to Gampel. If you get there early you can get a spot right near the exit and it's not bad getting out. Usually only 5-10 minutes....once I did not get a good spot & had to wait 20. I don't find that to be a big deal. Better than freezing your arse off.

Reaction Score
We have often walked across the street to the Student Union for a Subway.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score

There's WAY more options now than there were just 5 years ago. You need to re-evaluate this take.

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I'm a lazy boomer who hates the cold so I park in the garage right next to Gampel. If you get there early you can get a spot right near the exit and it's not bad getting out. Usually only 5-10 minutes....once I did not get a good spot & had to wait 20. I don't find that to be a big deal. Better than freezing your arse off.
That’s my move. That same garage, level 5, and park right near the exit/entrance.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Saturday.. Anyone heard who will be recognized off of this year's team?? Cole? Martin? Tyler? Whaley? Undetermined?

Covid eligibility messes up definition of "senior"

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I havent been to a game in Gampel since Kemba hit a shot at the buzzer against Villanova. What are the best places to eat around there? What is the best place to park?
I think WilliBrew is the best option in the area for pre or post game food and drink:

Reaction Score
I was in New England in December and made it to campus for a day, checked out Downtown Storrs for the first time ever and ate at Kathmandu and it was absolutely incredible Indian food. My girl and I both love Indian and we were blown away. Get the naan with the raisins and cashews.

Reaction Score
You definitely want to check out Downtown Storrs if you haven't been up to UConn since the Kemba days.

Dog Lane Cafe has become our go-to when up on campus, especially if it's warm enough to sit outside. More of a coffee/sandwiches place (recommend the Beef Short Rib grilled cheese) but they do have beer available. Also had some really good food at Fresh Fork Cafe (above DP Dough) last time we were up there -- same deal, not a bar by any means but they do have beer available.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
I think WilliBrew is the best option in the area for pre or post game food and drink:

A Mano Taco, just up the side street from Willibrew, makes incredible gourmet tacos. Then a brew at Willibrew.

Reaction Score
Oh I'm sorry... You mentioned Willington pizza so I thought we were being liberal about our interpretation of "good" lol
I went to school at Michigan in Ann Arbor so my opinion is skewed.

I remember when a friend of mine from UConn came out to visit me and he was amazed that there was a small city with restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. right next to campus. He said, "Yeah, but we have Ted's, Huskies and Subway."

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I went to school at Michigan in Ann Arbor so my opinion is skewed.

I remember when a friend of mine from UConn came out to visit me and he was amazed that there was a small city with restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. right next to campus. He said, "Yeah, but we have Ted's, Huskies and Subway."
Hard to beat Ashley’s and Zingerman’s.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Went to Zingerman’s when I was out there for my daughter’s Law School graduation. Fantastic food!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom