Storms coach | The Boneyard

Storms coach

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Article from WNBA.com

I agree that it's not unexpected. A team with that much talent should be better than they are. I've only seen 3-4 games from them this year, but IMHO it stems from the coach not knowing how to properly coach Loyd. I've seen her in games light it up, but more often, I've seen her jack up shot after shot causing empty offensive possessions. I'd love to hear more knowledgeable BY'ers weigh in (those who have watched many more games than I have)...

Bird, Stewie, Loyd, Langhorne... That's an impressive quartet. But from there it gets tough.

Also, whoever traded to get Carolyn Swords should be fired as well. Overall their bench is pretty dreadful...

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Alisha Valavanis is president and GM. Hired in 2014. She hired Boucek in 2015.

I agree with Triadduke - GM has to go.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I refer you to a recent thread for the Sun/Storm game...
Storm @ Sun - 8/08/17

I especially liked Triad's comment...

"If the Storm loses this game..... they should fire their coach on the floor at the end of the game.... don't even let her back in the locker room"

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I was not impressed with the way they handled KML her rookie year. I didn't understand how you could draft a player high in the first round, but she could never get off the bench. I understand there may have been some issues with her making that adjustment to the W.

I followed KML closely all that year. She didn't get any appreciable playing time until the Storm had been eliminated from playoff contention. I did not understand that at all. If she was that bad, why did they draft her?

They wasted a 1st round pick that they did not get any benefit from that year. I always though KML would do better if she went to another team like Courtney Williams did, going from Phoenix the the Sun. Maybe the GM should also be shown the door.

Last edited by a moderator:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I refer you to a recent thread for the Sun/Storm game...
Storm @ Sun - 8/08/17

I especially liked Triad's comment...

"If the Storm loses this game..... they should fire their coach on the floor at the end of the game.... don't even let her back in the locker room"

Well Seattle's management was far nicer than I would have been :p At least they didnt pull a Lane Kiffen-USC type firing :eek:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well Seattle's management was far nicer than I would have been :p
At least they didnt pull a Lane Kiffen-USC type firing :eek:

For those of you that may not remember, or be familiar with Kiffen's firing, allow me to refresh your memory:

"Kiffin was fired as USC's coach by athletic director Pat Haden following a 62-41 loss to Arizona State on Sept. 28, 2013. Kiffin was fired following that ASU loss in the early morning hours after touching down at a private airport near LAX. The episode was famously reported as Haden axing Kiffin right there on the tarmac near the team plane. “I was a good 20 yards off the tarmac,” Kiffin said.

It was actually a private room near the team bus where Haden broke the news. Kiffin tried to talk his boss into being able to coach the rest of the season after a 3-2 start. Haden didn’t budge.

“I had no idea at all,” Kiffin said. “It totally caught me off guard. I got off the plane. I put my bag on the bus. I was going to sleep at the facility. Someone came and said, ‘Pat wants to see you.’ I left my briefcase on the bus.” The next time he saw that briefcase, a staffer had delivered it to his house. Kiffin was driven home that night by a team security person".

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
The Storm have definitely been a disappointment this season. I'm going to miss this coach for aesthetic reasons. She cut a striking figure on the court.

Reaction Score
I said after the last game I would have been surprised if they kept the coach. But I disagree about the GM. They have the players, the coach was just not using them right. As for Carolyn Swords, she was a starter last year for NY when they were the top team in the East. NY has not been as good without her. She is a good and large center. The point is that the coach was not putting her players in situations that would make the most of their abilities. Watch Swords come alive if they get a decent coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom