Storm the court? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Storm the court?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I have no problem with students rushing the field of play...when appropriate. We are Uconn and we beat a lower ranked team, why rush the court? If Boat hits a three at the buzzer to beat Maine would you want students rushing the court?

At this stage of our program, court rushes should be reserved for championships or buzzer beaters versus higher ranked rivals...maybe.

Reaction Score
Storming the court has nothing to do with us having been there or us holding ourselves to a higher standard. It's all about the students having fun in the moment of joy. Keep in mind many of these students have little knowledge of the past and the tradition of Uconn basketball. They go to the games to be part of the excitement on campus. So what is so wrong with them rushing the court and enjoying the special moment with the team.
What I would like to know is how the players feel about this issue. You look at the the schools at all levels who have rushed the court and the players loved it.

Just my thoughts and feelings

Reaction Score
Storming the court has nothing to do with us having been there or us holding ourselves to a higher standard.

Completely 100% disagree with this statement. It's for winning a game you weren't "supposed" to win.

Reaction Score
Storming the court has nothing to do with us having been there or us holding ourselves to a higher standard. It's all about the students having fun in the moment of joy. Keep in mind many of these students have little knowledge of the past and the tradition of Uconn basketball. They go to the games to be part of the excitement on campus. So what is so wrong with them rushing the court and enjoying the special moment with the team.
What I would like to know is how the players feel about this issue. You look at the the schools at all levels who have rushed the court and the players loved it.

Just my thoughts and feelings

I don't think the players love it. In fact, Shabazz ran to the locker room after making the shot specifically to avoid a court storming. It's literally a stampede and I'll bet being the person everyone is rushing toward would be pretty scary. Plus he was already dealing with a bad ankle!

In all but the biggest of upsets, students should celebrate with each other in the stands and let the players come to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom