Stop Working on Those Cable TV Revenue Models | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stop Working on Those Cable TV Revenue Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The delivery systems will change.

The real question is who controls the content. Someone has to outbid the networks for control of the conferences. Don't count out the networks just yet.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Almost none of these conferences have a critical mass of people looking to buy at a premium that would allow them to go direct.

Without the ability to spread those contracts to tens of millions of people that don't watch there is no way to sustain the revenue.

pj

Reaction Score
What's actually crucial is the dispersion of interest. If you had one large group with intense interest and another large group with shallow interest, you have a high ability to go direct. If interest varies continuously at all different levels, then the best thing is to bundle your content with unrelated content, which is what cable TV does (sports, news, entertainment, movies, weather, etc).

Reaction Score
Anything after 2027 is mighty far away far someone my age....and ESPN has locked up a lot of content for the next 13 years.
Anything after 2027 is mighty far away far someone my age....and ESPN has locked up a lot of content for the next 13 years.[/quote
Anything after 2027 is mighty far away far someone my age....and ESPN has locked up a lot of content for the next 13 years.
I think people would pay to watch you and FSU spontaneously combust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom