Stop the madness...please | The Boneyard

Stop the madness...please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sigh...

From Dennis Dodd's story posted on CBS Sports today:

The intentions of Cincinnati, Connecticut, the ACC and possibly more. So far, the two schools have not been thrown lifelines to BCS leagues, but are on record as being willing to jump. Cincinnati has a surprising amount of juice at this point. It has been to a BCS bowl. It draws surprisingly good TV ratings in basketball. Call it the best player left on the board.
"Cincinnati is more valuable than what is being let on," an industry source said

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
We have been to a BCS bowl and have surprisingly good basketball ratings.

Well the basketball ratings aren't surprising but I'm sure they're still better than Cincinnati's.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
You knew this was coming. Then after Cincinnati is picked up over us, USF will suddenly be seen as a "hidden gem with great potential" and grabbed too. Seems to be the way of the CR talk. UConn has B1Gger plans.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You knew this was coming. Then after Cincinnati is picked up over us, USF will suddenly be seen as a "hidden gem with great potential" and grabbed too. Seems to be the way of the CR talk. UConn has B1Gger plans.

exactly...just wait for the quick pump and dump so it seems like there was a competition for the spot. it will be a battle of temple and usf next. it all depends on if florida schools leave before others...

Reaction Score
Dooley, I really hope there is some ' plan. I can't read more of this crap.

Reaction Score
Mark this down - Uconn will never, ever be in the Big Ten. No point of even hoping. Only move is the ACC getting further pilched and Uconn a bandaid plug.

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN
To all responses about UConn/Cincinnati having shot at B1G, they don't. However, they could get pulled up to ACC if B1G expands

Dooley

Reaction Score
Dooley, I really hope there is some ' plan. I can't read more of this crap.

Nobody knows, unfortunately. But if we dissect MD and RU's departures, nobody knowing IS the plan.

Reaction Score
i don't think cinci can even believes this. give me a break dodds. Worst PR department of any division 1 program and it is not even close.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Where is the UConn public relations machine?
sad_machine.jpg

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
This is truly amazing. What the is going on in Storrs? Where are our reporters? Something, anything...

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
What's good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Cincy gets it.

I mentioned on the Rent thread a few weeks back how UConn should release conceptional photos. Guess the Cincy AD monitors these boards more than the UConn AD.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN
Cincinnati will hold Tuesday press conference to share conceptional plans for proposed renovations to Nippert Stadium

It pisses me off that EVERY other school understands the importance of marketing and growth except UConn. Can one of our beat writers please write a piece about how our stadium can be expanded (include some fictional portrait of what the Rent could look like afterward if you want) without making any "there's no need" comments? The point is UConn needs to show that it's a sleeping giant. A penny stock with plenty of growth potential. Just somebody (other than us fans on internet message boards) start selling the cause! Our stadium can be expanded dammit, and I want everybody to know it.

What makes this bit of news worse is that Cincinnati has access to Paul Bryant stadium too. If they play their cards right (which they probably will), they'll keep the nostalgic charm of Nippert with modern renovations for NNNNBE scheduling and use PB Stadium to lure good OOC competition.

Reaction Score
To this date I have never seen the plans made public. Maybe someone could do a FOI as they should be in the AD department somewhere. Must be Top Secret though.

Reaction Score
Sigh...

The intentions of Cincinnati, Connecticut, the ACC and possibly more. So far, the two schools have not been thrown lifelines to BCS leagues, but are on record as being willing to jump. Cincinnati has a surprising amount of juice at this point. It has been to a BCS bowl. It draws surprisingly good TV ratings in basketball. Call it the best player left on the board.
"Cincinnati is more valuable than what is being let on," an industry source said

Sounds like Dodd might be angling for a little extra Christmas cash delivering ACC invites. Have fun in Cincy pretending you and the ACC might someday be relevant, Dennis.

Reaction Score
How quickly we forget that dennis dodd hates UConn.

You know what's pathetic?

That guy wrote that precisely to enrage you people.

He is LHAO!!!!

Reaction Score
Sigh...

Here is the full article... http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...mbles-race-begins-to-be-power-conference-no-6

Reaction Score
This is truly amazing. What the **** is going on in Storrs? Where are our reporters? Something, anything...

Reporters...in Storrs? I think you've identified the problem! We could contact the Daily Campus staff ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom