Stop giving Geno coaching tips | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stop giving Geno coaching tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A message board about UCONN women's basketball is a place for fans to get vicariously involved in the game, and it's very doubtful that Geno is getting tips here.
I'm not 5 years old. I know Geno is not reading this post. But posters still make comments on what he should do. What lineups to play, what plays to call, etc. You really took my post literally? Wowee

Reaction Score
Whoa. You telling me that coach Geno or the coaching staff aren't waking up everyday reading the Yard seeking out what we have to say about offensive and defensive game plans? ;) :)
Who ever said that they read this? Are you guys 3 years old???? There are countless posts about what Geno should be doing differently. That's what I'm referring to.

Reaction Score
He MIGHT read this, but you really think the BY is his closet assistant? lol
When did I say he reads this crap???? I'm saying people should stop posting on what he could do better. I'm astonished at the lack of subtlety on this board. The Men's board at least has a sense of humor. This sucks

Reaction Score
Referring to the title of the thread...
One of the unwritten rules of the board
is that we may suggest, but not directly
tell another poster what to do or think

I think it's a good and appropriate tradition
@HuskyNan told us all to stop trashing the players on the chat, and to stop calling players "thugs". I thought that was warranted. Apparently you did not.

Reaction Score
Geno= Greatest Coach in WCBB history

You= maybe beat your neighbour at HORSE last week.

Point- trust him please. Use your energies to root for the girls. Put the white board away.
So what would you have us talk about on this board? Is it to be a place where all we do is fall down in adoration of our coach? It's not a question of trusting Geno, for crying out loud. And without trying to speak for everyone on this board, I think most if not all think Geno is a fantastic coach.
But in case you haven't heard of the concept, the point of a board like this is to allow fans to express opinions and make "what-if" suggestions and yes, to second-guess the coach at times.
Alternatively, we can all rest easy knowing that Geno has things under control, stop posting anything but positive affirmations on this board, and with the hours we've saved, take up a new pastime. A game of whist, anyone?

Reaction Score
One of the beautiful things about sports is the ability to ask "what if this happened" questions. Most of us have had these conversations with parents and/or friends since we could bounce a ball. Everyone, no matter what their experience level, is equal in their ability to voice their own opinions. Can't imagine any sport without this type of back and forth.
Let's be real. The knee jerk, fearful coaching critique is not lighthearted.

Reaction Score
Geno= Greatest Coach in WCBB history

You= maybe beat your neighbour at HORSE last week.

Point- trust him please. Use your energies to root for the girls. Put the white board away.
Geno took my advice.

Reaction Score
When did I say he reads this crap???? I'm saying people should stop posting on what he could do better. I'm astonished at the lack of subtlety on this board. The Men's board at least has a sense of humor. This sucks
Why do you care what people post and, more importantly, why do you think they seek your approval?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
You'll win fans if you go crazy with puns.

Reaction Score
Be funnier? I mean how does someone get tips by not reading the comments? Osmosis? :)

Reaction Score
I'm not 5 years old. I know Geno is not reading this post. But posters still make comments on what he should do. What lineups to play, what plays to call, etc. You really took my post literally? Wowee
It never hurts to be clear

Reaction Score
How can anyone deny that GENO is the best coach in Women's college basketball when he is only 3 wins away from having 1000 (that's thousand) more wins than losses. 1,149 WINS-149 LOSSES. I can only think of two other coaches that come close; Pat Summit and Tara Van Deveer. Period!!
I looked around for information on that. The only coach I could find ahead of Geno in any sport is Russ Rose of Penn State volleyball, 1330-229 (1100 over .500) in 43 years. (Auriemma still has a higher winning percentage, though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom