Stop giving Geno coaching tips | The Boneyard

Stop giving Geno coaching tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno= Greatest Coach in WCBB history

You= maybe beat your neighbour at HORSE last week.

Point- trust him please. Use your energies to root for the girls. Put the white board away.
AMEN !

Reaction Score

Point- trust him please. Use your energies to root for the girls. Put the white board away.
Geno is the best recruiter in WCBB history; I don't know about the best coach .. the game against UCF is a prime example, eh? The BY is the best way to get him back on track!

Reaction Score
A message board about UCONN women's basketball is a place for fans to get vicariously involved in the game, and it's very doubtful that Geno is getting tips here.
Whoa. You telling me that coach Geno or the coaching staff aren't waking up everyday reading the Yard seeking out what we have to say about offensive and defensive game plans? ;) :)

Reaction Score
Thank goodness the entire board does not believe in complete submission. Yes, he is a great coach, but he is not infallible, no one is. No one is. As a fan it’s OK, to raise questions related to the coaching staff. That’s one of the reasons rooting for a team can be interesting. However, I draw the line there and I don’t like it when folks go after the girls, beyond basic skills. The staff, have any it, without being personal.

Reaction Score

He’s the greatest coach in the history of the game period. Men’s or Women’s basketball. Even NBA teams have wanted to hire him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He’s the greatest coach in the history of the game period. Men’s or Women’s basketball. Even NBA teams have wanted to hire him.
Which NBA teams were they exactly?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
So no more thoughtcrimes against Big Geno? This should be a boring board of homogeneity. This board should not share the fate of "6079 Smith W."

Reaction Score
Geno can handle what anyone on here says/thinks. And he LOVES taking the focus and pressure off his team so let the armchair coaches have fun.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Facts show him as the most successful women's basketball coach. Period!

Reaction Score
Which NBA teams were they exactly?
Don’t know, nobody does except the teams that were interested. Here’s one of many articles with quotes, reports, etc. Bleacher Report reported on it a couple years ago. Just Google Geno Auriemma, NBA rumors.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
So no more thoughtcrimes against Big Geno? This should be a boring board of homogeneity. This board should not share the fate of "6079 Smith W."
Heavens, who would risk becoming an "unperson"? :eek:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don’t know, nobody does except the teams that were interested. Here’s one of many articles with quotes, reports, etc. Bleacher Report reported on it a couple years ago. Just Google Geno Auriemma, NBA rumors.
I see.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

Do what I assume some BYers do consistently: If you don't like threads "criticizing" Geno, Ignore the thread. It does wonders, so I've heard. :rolleyes:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Referring to the title of the thread...
One of the unwritten rules of the board
is that we may suggest, but not directly
tell another poster what to do or think

I think it's a good and appropriate tradition

Reaction Score

He MIGHT read this, but you really think the BY is his closet assistant? lol

Reaction Score

First of all: Welcome to the board! It’s clear you’re new and don’t understand what we do here all year long…..

I lose to my neighbor in HORSE all the time. He’s a beast. I miss too many bunnies.

Anyway, I called Geno last night and again this morning to ensure he understands what he needs to do. I think he got it. So, I’ll take your advice and leave him alone until after the game. Then he’s mine.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One of the beautiful things about sports is the ability to ask "what if this happened" questions. Most of us have had these conversations with parents and/or friends since we could bounce a ball. Everyone, no matter what their experience level, is equal in their ability to voice their own opinions. Can't imagine any sport without this type of back and forth.

Reaction Score
Well we expect BYers to have opinions of course, but Geno’s decisions are informed by facts and info that we mere mortals do not have access to. So, I hate getting in his lane.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I think he's getting COY!!!! Team is rolling!!!

Reaction Score
How can anyone deny that GENO is the best coach in Women's college basketball when he is only 3 wins away from having 1000 (that's thousand) more wins than losses. 1,149 WINS-149 LOSSES. I can only think of two other coaches that come close; Pat Summit and Tara Van Deveer. Period!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom