STOP Comparing... | The Boneyard

STOP Comparing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
in your mind and on this forum, Uconn's situation and penalties with Penn st's. Bitch about the unfairness towards Uconn on its own terms. Some of you on this board are lacking some serious f...... perspective.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
in your mind and on this forum, Uconn's situation and penalties with Penn st's. Bitch about the unfairness towards Uconn on its own terms. Some of you on this board are lacking some serious f...... perspective.

Either you believe in the rule of law or you don't. In both the UConn and PSU cases, the NCAA threw the rule of law out to achieve a desired outcome. Just as the PSU administration threw out the rule of law when they decided to handle the Sandusky crimes the way they did.

The seriousness of the acts does not justify disregarding due process and basic fairness.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
IMO, Penn State's actions were so egregious and wrong that they did deserve some penalty, whether they broke a bylaw or not. What they did was certainly wrong, it was certainly illegal, and it certainly violated any basic human ethics, yet alone the NCAA ethics of the schools.

UConn's APR was none of those. Perhaps, arguably, it was "wrong", but there was no way its moral wrongness even comes remotely close to how wrong Penn State's actions were. And we've already had the discussion of whether UConn's actions were "right" and it got me a lot of heat, so let's not go there again. Right or wrong, UConn's actions were nowhere near the magnitude of Penn State's wrongness actions.
In Penn State's case, the NCAA needed to send a message. Even though there was no written NCAA "rule" they broke, they broke the laws of the United States of America, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the ethical beliefs shared by the NCAA and its schools. They absolutely deserved to be punished for that.

UConn is clearly a different circumstance. While the NCAA had to bend the rules in Penn State's case because of how egregious their actions were, the same cannot be said about UConn's case. That being said, I only bring this complaint up because you did first. It is completely tasteless to use this despicable and sad situation as ammunition in the NCAA-UConn saga.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
...UConn is clearly a different circumstance. While the NCAA had to bend the rules in Penn State's case because of how egregious their actions were, the same cannot be said about UConn's case...

No, the same can't be said about UConn's case. In UConn's case, the NCAA had to create brand new rules and then retroactively apply them to bring about their desired result.

Reaction Score

Your right "STOP COMARING" both situations are not even remotely the same its not even in the same ballpark, your gonna compare poor grades, to a program covering up for a child predator thats just absolutly disgusting. Uconn should be punished but within the rules not having the rules just change and then coming up with new rules, Uconn was already punished with the loss of scholarships, however being banned from postseason play for 1 year is entirely different then 4 years of no postseason play along with the other penalties they will receive. Uconn will move on, PSU on the other hand im not so sure about.

Reaction Score
I agree. We can go on forever about the NCAA wanting to make an example out of UConn w/the APR. What I am not ready to debate about is the appropriateness of the punishment of Penn State, regardless of how harmless it makes what has happened at UConn looked. I am not about to point to the egregious acts of Penn State to try and get UConn off. Penn State needed to get what they got, no matter how trivial it makes other schools violations look.

Reaction Score
Either you believe in the rule of law or you don't. In both the UConn and PSU cases, the NCAA threw the rule of law out to achieve a desired outcome. Just as the PSU administration threw out the rule of law when they decided to handle the Sandusky crimes the way they did.

The seriousness of the acts does not justify disregarding due process and basic fairness.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
Wow, someone that gets liberty and justice! Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom