STOP calling players names | The Boneyard

STOP calling players names

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You all graduated middle school a long time ago, decades ago, so stop acting like children. I’m tired of deleting posts; one ban has been handed out. Knock it off.

This type of idiocy is why we can’t have game threads on the board. Some people act like the players owe them something, as if the players aren’t allowed to screw up or have a bad day like every other human being. So they resort to insults and “waste of a scholarship” type of comments. Just stop insulting the players or you will be gone.

Before I get a flood of PMs: if your post is still up, you’re fine, no need to apologize.

Reaction Score
Presumably you will let me know directly if I say something I'm not supposed to say? Thanks...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Presumably you will let me know directly if I say something I'm not supposed to say? Thanks...
If it’s egregious, yes, but otherwise I’ll just delete the post. Sometimes I comment privately when deleting but usually not

Reaction Score
You all graduated middle school a long time ago, decades ago, so stop acting like children. I’m tired of deleting posts; one ban has been handed out. Knock it off.

This type of idiocy is why we can’t have game threads on the board. Some people act like the players owe them something, as if the players aren’t allowed to screw up or have a bad day like every other human being. So they resort to insults and “waste of a scholarship” type of comments. Just stop insulting the players or you will be gone.

Before I get a flood of PMs: if your post is still up, you’re fine, no need to apologize.
Thank you, I like you and I am sure many others am tired of the player bashing!! You are correct when you say everyone has a bad day. None of us are perfect and guess what we have a young team with a lot of talent they will be fine this is how they learn and then pick up and move on. Some Husky fans seem to think we should win every game (spoiled) there is a lot of talent around the league now. We are young they are experienced (3 fifth year seniors that start) that helps. One thing that also did not help was the lack of push off calls against Arkansas some were pretty blatant Uconn on the other hand got called for everything. Just my take on the game and player bashing. Looking forward to the next game and games there after!!!

Reaction Score
Anyone can be a good winner. I'm one of the best. But IMO it's more important to be a good loser. My favorite good losers are Don Shula and Chris Evert. Two gracious competitors who hated losing (and seldom did) but knew how to say "good game" and mean it. When I'm distraught about a UConn loss (always), I think of my two Florida heroes, Don and Chrissy, and put down the razor blade.

Reaction Score
People have to separate analyzing the game from criticizing individual players. Get a grip people you don't need to personally attack a college player

Reaction Score
Anyone can be a good winner. I'm one of the best. But IMO it's more important to be a good loser. My favorite good losers are Don Shula and Chris Evert. Two gracious competitors who hated losing (and seldom did) but knew how to say "good game" and mean it. When I'm distraught about a UConn loss (always), I think of my two Florida heroes, Don and Chrissy, and put down the razor blade.
"Show me a good loser, and I will show you a loser" Vince Lombardi

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I am not talking about criticizing players, Geno or the team as a whole; I’m talking about people making up dopey names, like we all did in middle school, because they don’t like the way a Husky played a basketball game. I’m talking about people saying Geno wasted a scholarship on someone because she had a bad game. Stop lashing out emotionally. As I told my kids when they were small, “Don’t hit, use your words”.

Reaction Score
I am not talking about criticizing players, Geno or the team as a whole; I’m talking about people making up dopey names, like we all did in middle school, because they don’t like the way a Husky played a basketball game. I’m talking about people saying Geno wasted a scholarship on someone because she had a bad game. Stop lashing out emotionally. As I told my kids when they were small, “Don’t hit, use your words”.
On a lighter note, I miss your previous avatar (?). She reminded me of the beautiful (and ageless) Jennifer Connelly in one of her earliest movies, "The Rocketeer." Who is/was she?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
On a lighter note, I miss your previous avatar (?). She reminded me of the beautiful (and ageless) Jennifer Connelly in one of her earliest movies, "The Rocketeer." Who is/was she?
Wanda Maximoff, aka the Scarlet Witch. Also aka Elizabeth Olsen of the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen family.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sorry, I misread your post. My previous avatar was the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel of Amazon Prime video.

warning: language in the video

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geno has also said the opposite, that you learn more from a loss than from a win. Among other things, it concentrates the mind.
Mmm, I think more anything it reveals flaws. It highlights faults or missed opportunities so that they can be corrected. It teaches the level of intensity needed to win.

FWIW, competition focuses the mind. Losing does not. IMHO.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Geno has also said the opposite, that you learn more from a loss than from a win. Among other things, it concentrates the mind.
i remember in Lou and Pheesa's sophomore or junior year, Geno said, "This team needs to lose, and lose badly. . ." I don't remember the rest but it was something about what they still needed to learn.

Reaction Score
I thought it was an exciting game and the young players showed up and are learning.. the future looks bright people! These young ladies are gonna be really good as they continue to play against other teams.. so excite now and the next few years! ❤️❤️❤️ Thank you UCONN ladies.. Keep striving for excellence!

Reaction Score
I enjoy this board immensely but there are many here who very much have a “you’re with me or agin me” approach. There is open season on some players while some are considered untouchable.
I offered several comments on the thread concerning Bueckers and the Arkansas game but will not read further comments because of the absurdity of some posters indignant because anything that could remotely be interpreted negatively towards her was anathema. Yet Ono, Muhl and Makurat are fair game to criticize openly and repeatedly.
Ono to the point of someone posting a ridiculous and hurtful “nickname” for her, embarrassingly absurd. Makurat has been benched so many times on this board she qualifies as a free weight; yet I look up and she is 4th on the team in mpg, as close to being 2nd as she is to 5th. Muhl was never going to get anything but mopup minutes but there she was against Arkansas, getting important minutes and a vital part of the comeback.
I have been directly or indirectly involved in basketball for close to 6 decades as a player, coach, scout and fan. As a rule, I try (and maybe don’t always succeed) to keep my comments to the game, always trying to keep in mind that, in this instance, the players are daughters, sisters, nieces, etc. to other people who may read those comments. And always try to keep in mind that no matter how much I love it, it always was and always will be only a GAME.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This isn’t a thread to air grievances or debate the value of a loss. The topic seems straightforward to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom