"Stop Assuming" - short Players Tribune video with 14 woman athletes | The Boneyard

"Stop Assuming" - short Players Tribune video with 14 woman athletes

Reaction Score
"14 Women in Sports on What People Need to Stop Assuming About Them"

WBB represented by Sue Bird, A'ja Wilson, Dawn Staley. Nice idea, and some on-point comments. But IMO some of the messages are a little weak or over-the-top (ex. Dawn: "If you don't love the WNBA, where you're seeing women play during the peaks of their careers, then you're just really full of hate of women."). Anyway, decide for yourself...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
over-the-top (ex. Dawn: "If you don't love the WNBA, where you're seeing women play during the peaks of their careers, then you're just really full of hate of women.")

:rolleyes: Oh my. That statement just comes off as stupid. Some people aren't sports fans. I don't watch the NBA, so I guess I'm full of hate for men? Come on Dawn, you're better than that.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I'm not sure who this video was made for. Anyone who dislikes women's sports or enjoys trolling female athletes on twitter to be funny is not likely to have their minds changed by this. My suggestion: quit paying attention to people on social media. If you are easily offended that is not the place for you.

A'ja Wilson took it in stride with good humor though. She seems pretty down to earth.

Reaction Score
:rolleyes: Oh my. That statement just comes off as stupid. Some people aren't sports fans. I don't watch the NBA, so I guess I'm full of hate for men? Come on Dawn, you're better than that.
I know, right? It almost seems like they snipped a small sound bite and took it out of context. But why would they do that when the whole point of the thing...? #@&¥§£#????

Reaction Score
Mixed feelings about this effort. On the positive side, it was nice to see a really diverse group of female athletes, some of whom I had heard of but never heard.
On the negative side, what the hell was this supposed to respond to? Maybe: "We've gotten a lot of stupid, sexist comments on Twitter and we're good and mad about it?" I don't think this video will solve the problem, because those dullards aren't going to seek it out.
As others have said, Staley's comments were dumb. It's good that she's willing to speak out, but she's just wrong. I love WCBB but don't watch much of the WNBA. Who is it that I hate?

Reaction Score
The headline on this thread is grossly inaccurate and misleading. Aja Wilson isn't short, and a lot of those other athletes aren't, either. I don't know what the original poster was talking about.

:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The headline on this thread is grossly inaccurate and misleading. Aja Wilson isn't short, and a lot of those other athletes aren't, either. I don't know what the original poster was talking about.

:rolleyes:
Sue is short. She may even be shorter than you :p:p:p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom