Stonybrook #44 Will Tye from Middletown | The Boneyard

Stonybrook #44 Will Tye from Middletown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I had to research this guy. He is 6 ft 3 inches, 260, tight end and was their primary punt returner. He got open pretty much at will, was a good blocker, 4 rec for 76 yds, he pretty much looked like their best player out there. Here's the scoop. Transfer from FSU. From Middletown. Ended up at Salisbury School (prep school near Litchfield). Will Tye was at Florida State for 3 years, never broke into the line up, and transferred to Stonybrook. He is now a senior. The kid was just on a different level than the rest of the players on the field. Now I see why. Will Tye couldn't make the two deep at FSU. He would have been superstar playmaker on Uconn. Sad he got away.

Reaction Score
I had to research this guy. He is 6 ft 3 inches, 260, tight end and was their primary punt returner. He got open pretty much at will, was a good blocker, 4 rec for 76 yds, he pretty much looked like their best player out there. Here's the scoop. Transfer from FSU. From Middletown. Ended up at Salisbury School (prep school near Litchfield). Will Tye was at Florida State for 3 years, never broke into the line up, and transferred to Stonybrook. He is now a senior. The kid was just on a different level than the rest of the players on the field. Now I see why. Will Tye couldn't make the two deep at FSU. He would have been superstar playmaker on Uconn. Sad he got away.

He was willing to consider Uconn, but we never offered

Reaction Score
He is two years younger than me. We played basketball together when we were younger. I also went to Xavier when he was there. He is a phenomenal athlete. Size and speed, but seems very "springy" almost bouncy if that makes sense. He is a great athlete for his size, was a good basketball player as well. He is a pretty good young man as well. I think he was similar to Stewart in that Florida and FSU were a bit too big time for them. Sure they were on scholarship, but there any many kids that are on scholarship that go through those programs and never see the field. He could have made an impact for his home state team, not sure how he got overlooked in recruiting. It's a shame. Same thing with Spievey, who was the best HS running back I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom