Stonehill and MVS | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stonehill and MVS

Reaction Score
Our son is actually just about 27 months (he’s a very advanced talker for his age ….). We’re going mom, dad and a grandparent so we have strength in numbers to take turns on anything and figure we’ll stay as long as possible, but big part of choosing this game was that we should be Ok with leaving early if need be.

He has done UConn baseball and women’s soccer, which both went great so using those as our guide. For the soccer game, we sat in our seats for the first half and then let him walk/play the entire second half and we made it the whole game.
I imagine he can say duck fuke already

Reaction Score
We’d still beat them by an awful lot. It’s a stupid thing to worry/complain about. It doesn’t actually matter in the grand scheme of things.

Things get really difficult in a couple of weeks. Take the tune ups to gain a rhythm. The most important part about playing cupcakes is not getting hurt lol
A little harsh don’t you think? Not a worry or a complaint, just saying it would be nice to create a little rivalry with CT schools and also help them out with a pay date for their program.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity - are you planning to stay the whole game with him? Bringing toys or other distractions? Going with another parent/adult?

I have a 25 month old and I think I’m going to wait until next season to bring him. Based on his 8 word sentence, I’m guessing your son is a little older?
I think that's smart. Even with a three year old, sitting and watching a game is tough. Be prepared to give him or her a lot of attention. Getting something to eat that takes a long time, like popcorn, is a good play.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We did teach him to say "Cooper Flagg, UConn" but that was short-lived, so Duck Fuke it is.
Go with "Duke sucks".

Reaction Score
There are 5 other D1 teams in CT. Why couldn’t we play one of them every year. None of them would want or expect a home and home
I must have something wrong? I thought Yale, Fairfield, Hartford, CCSU, Sacred Heart and Q were all D1?? Which one do I have wrong as I counted six????

Reaction Score
A little harsh don’t you think? Not a worry or a complaint, just saying it would be nice to create a little rivalry with CT schools and also help them out with a pay date for their program.
We’ll never have a rivalry with CT schools

Reaction Score
I remember with painful clarity attending a loss to "cupcake" Yale. It was December 2014, less than a year after our winning the National Championship.

Reaction Score
I must have something wrong? I thought Yale, Fairfield, Hartford, CCSU, Sacred Heart and Q were all D1?? Which one do I have wrong as I counted six????
Hartford dropped all sports to Div III last year. The University President did all of the background work in secret after telling the head BB coach otherwise.

Reaction Score
Our son is actually just about 27 months (he’s a very advanced talker for his age ….). We’re going mom, dad and a grandparent so we have strength in numbers to take turns on anything and figure we’ll stay as long as possible, but big part of choosing this game was that we should be Ok with leaving early if need be.

He has done UConn baseball and women’s soccer, which both went great so using those as our guide. For the soccer game, we sat in our seats for the first half and then let him walk/play the entire second half and we made it the whole game.
Our son is the exact same age and we'll be bringing him tomorrow too. Took him to Delaware State last year and he lasted the whole first half, hoping he'll step his game up and make it a full game this season! Brought him to a UConn football game this year and he was able to sit through that whole game so I'm thinking he'll be ok watching a much more exciting team. Its great to see other people starting them young!!

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score

Having been through this twice recently, bring headphones or earplugs. Awesome loud for an adult is usually waaaaay too much for a young kid. Best advice I could give.

Also, ever bring to a gampel game, get a seat in the way top row. Way easier there then with people both behind and in front of you. And top row at gampel is still a good seat unlike XL.

Reaction Score
Our son is the exact same age and we'll be bringing him tomorrow too. Took him to Delaware State last year and he lasted the whole first half, hoping he'll step his game up and make it a full game this season! Brought him to a UConn football game this year and he was able to sit through that whole game so I'm thinking he'll be ok watching a much more exciting team. Its great to see other people starting them young!!
Are you concerned with the noise level at either XL Center or Gampel? Our 3-year old may be ready for a game but I wonder if we need to bring head phones for hearing protection.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Are you concerned with the noise level at either XL Center or Gampel? Our 3-year old may be ready for a game but I wonder if we need to bring head phones for hearing protection.
FWIW, my partner is a big hearing protection advocate for kids. She thinks kids are fine at three. Younger than two it's a must.

Reaction Score
Scheduling like this used to drive me crazy, esp. while we were in the AAC. So many teams would game the system and we were largely reliant on our metrics because we didn’t have many opportunities to pick up scalps. Fortunately that is no longer a problem and we don’t need to worry about juicing our SOS and whatnot.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
It’s less for the hearing protection per se as that the noise just gets to be overwhelming. You’ll see lots of kids 5 and under with headphones on. Worked wonders with my kids.

Reaction Score
Having been through this twice recently, bring headphones or earplugs. Awesome loud for an adult is usually waaaaay too much for a young kid. Best advice I could give.

Also, ever bring to a gampel game, get a seat in the way top row. Way easier there then with people both behind and in front of you. And top row at gampel is still a good seat unlike XL.
Awesome, thanks for the advice. My wife and I have been going back and forth on the need for headphones and I just made a Target run to pick some up from this.

Reaction Score
I get it. You don’t want to play any in state schools. I do.
No you don’t. I don’t care if we do or not. There’s a difference . It doesn’t matter

Reaction Score
No you don’t. I don’t care if we do or not. There’s a difference . It doesn’t matter
I would rather play Fairfield than Stonehill. Not looking for an argument

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
These cupcake games should all be at Gampel so UConn isn't taking a financial bath at the XL

LOL, UConn's making much more on this game being in the XL that it would have in Gampel.

Reaction Score
LOL, UConn's making much more on this game being in the XL that it would have in Gampel.
Based on the crowd numbers I'm seeing today, it's borderline. In general all cupcakes need to be at Gampel

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Based on the crowd numbers I'm seeing today, it's borderline. In general all cupcakes need to be at Gampel
It's filled to the rafters, there'd be 6,000 less people in Gampel

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom