Stone | The Boneyard

Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The kid can play. He's better than everyone of our bigs put together, which isn't saying much.

Reaction Score
notice you havent heard his name recently. needs to get in shape

Reaction Score
I'm glad he didn't come here if for no other reason than not having to look at that horrible jerry curl bowl cut all season.

Reaction Score
Do I wish we had landed him? H*ll yes!!!! But we didn't. We have plenty of bigs that should be playing better as a unit, though I think most of our troubles are with our guards not being able to stop penetration. Our bigs played tough at some stretches but the eye test tells me we need a good jolt of toughness. Would like to see a little mean-streak in our guys. I like Miller, but he seems passive and glides his way during the early stages of the last few games. They just don't look Husky-like where we come out with intensity. UConn hoops has always been defined by outworking and outwilling our opponent. Does anyone see that this year?

C

Chief00

It's a great First Night team! Even last season we got stops - and it started with Boat - Adams needs to become that defensive guy to take a team out of their offense.

Reaction Score
Stone is talented for sure but I thought he played a little soft. He has a lot to work with though.

Reaction Score
Do I wish we had landed him? H*ll yes!!!! But we didn't. We have plenty of bigs that should be playing better as a unit, though I think most of our troubles are with our guards not being able to stop penetration. Our bigs played tough at some stretches but the eye test tells me we need a good jolt of toughness. Would like to see a little mean-streak in our guys. I like Miller, but he seems passive and glides his way during the early stages of the last few games. They just don't look Husky-like where we come out with intensity. UConn hoops has always been defined by outworking and outwilling our opponent. Does anyone see that this year?
We need Jeff Adrien!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's a great First Night team! Even last season we got stops - and it started with Boat - Adams needs to become that defensive guy to take a team out of their offense.

Why do you keep bringing up First Night? It has nothing to do with anything. Not one poster said at the time that you could gauge anything from First Night.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Why do you keep bringing up First Night? It has nothing to do with anything. Not one poster said at the time that you could gauge anything from First Night.

Chief has a selection of random, irrelevant tropes he pulls out of a hat every time he posts. He also seems to think we're all fairweather fans with no knowledge of the game.

Reaction Score
Stone is a dirt bag cheater who took the money from UA.
Kid and his "handlers" are dirty dirty dirty.
I know people up in Milwaukee and they tell me there is a lot of "dirt" on this guy from his hs shenanigans and recruitment.
UMD is increasingly getting scummier just like Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Stone is a dirt bag cheater who took the money from UA.
Kid and his "handlers" are dirty dirty dirty.
I know people up in Milwaukee and they tell me there is a lot of "dirt" on this guy from his hs shenanigans and recruitment.
UMD is increasingly getting scummier just like Kentucky.
Did you lose a boatload of money the other night?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
One thing that annoyed me during the broadcast was DV asking "How could Wisconsin let this kid out of the state?" as if they had no idea who Stone was.

Probably past time anybody should get annoyed at anything Dickie says. It is what it is at this point.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The kid is a very talented player, especially on the offensive end, where I was very impressed with his footwork for a guy of his size. Credit to him for having his best game of the season (so far) against us. He was definitely fired up--something I'd love to have seen from our guys. He still has a ways to go, but there is little doubt that he'll get there.

I wish like hell that we had gotten him, even knowing it's only for one season in all likelihood. He's a legit stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom