Stone.... | The Boneyard

Stone....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...doesn't he announce tomorrow? Any one have any insights? I'm not up on the latest news.

Reaction Score
...doesn't he announce tomorrow? Any one have any insights? I'm not up on the latest news.

There is a ton of rumors. My best guess is no. It really does not matter because the early signing period is over (I am not 100% on that)

Reaction Score
There is a ton of rumors. My best guess is no. It really does not matter because the early signing period is over (I am not 100% on that)
Correct - early signing period ended yesterday.

Next signing period starts April 15.

Reaction Score
This is going to bring back memories ... and one of the older guys (like Fishy) might explain:

Even though the early signing period ends, the NCAA allowed some kind of grace period for the correspondence to arrive. We had a kid about 10 years ago that we found out had executed the LOI and it was official ... a few days after the signing period. Needless to say, this has been used by some schools for a few extra days of window.

Reaction Score
I believe the rule used to be that the recruit had to sign/notarize the paperwork on or before the last day, but had a decent amount of time to give it to the school. I think it was like 2 weeks. I may be wrong.

Reaction Score
^^^

I think that rule has been tightened up or change d. This kid and his inner circle is very tight. Most info is second or third hand about him.

Reaction Score
husky99 said:
^^^ I think that rule has been tightened up or change d. This kid and his inner circle is very tight. Most info is second or third hand about him.

It has to be filed with the conference office within two weeks, after the school's compliance office signs off on it. He could sign it and mail it on the last day and he's fine, or fax it and ask the school to keep quiet for two days. I don't think he can sign it and then not send it for a week.

But far more likely he won't sign until the spring, based on the fact there's uncertainty. He doesn't have to worry about being recruited over, so he's in a position of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom