stone article that anti uconn roster | The Boneyard

stone article that anti uconn roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A whole lot of nothing if you ask me....if Maryland lands Stone , I will resign my UConn fan badge

Reaction Score
Actually the writer is a poor salesman, practically begging. Give him a C- for his efforts. Can't blame him for trying.

Reaction Score
" If Stone were to go there with Newman, he’d not only have to share the ball with Newman, one of the highest-scoring guards in high school basketball, but also with shoot-first Daniel Hamilton, Rodney Purvis, Sam Cassell Jr., Jalen Adams and Omar Calhoun. All are scoring guards, but they’ll be asked to play point, as they’re the only guards on the Huskies roster."

I guess they forgot about Terrence Samuel. Or maybe he would have contradicted the theme the article was trying to establish.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
"Come to Maryland, our players are worse" - That article

The suggestion that Ollie loves guard.

With his NBA experience, if we ever have a big man who can score, Ollie is going to go to that match up all night.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I agree. KO is great at identifying the match up where we have the advantage.

caw

Reaction Score
" If Stone were to go there with Newman, he’d not only have to share the ball with Newman, one of the highest-scoring guards in high school basketball, but also with shoot-first Daniel Hamilton, Rodney Purvis, Sam Cassell Jr., Jalen Adams and Omar Calhoun. All are scoring guards, but they’ll be asked to play point, as they’re the only guards on the Huskies roster."

I guess they forgot about Terrence Samuel. Or maybe he would have contradicted the theme the article was trying to establish.

God help UConn if Hamilton or Calhoun play a second of PG in two years. Something would have gone terribly wrong. Secondly, I'd take Cassell, Samuel, Newman or Adams over any PG on Marylands roster.

Reaction Score
God help UConn if Hamilton or Calhoun play a second of PG in two years. Something would have gone terribly wrong. Secondly, I'd take Cassell, Samuel, Newman or Adams over any PG on Marylands roster.

Was Cassell committed to Maryland at one point, or do I have him confused for someone else? I wonder how the spin would be different if he was still a Terp.

You're right, though. It's laughable to think Hamilton or Calhoun will play a second at the point.

Reaction Score
Was Cassell committed to Maryland at one point, or do I have him confused for someone else? I wonder how the spin would be different if he was still a Terp.

You're right, though. It's laughable to think Hamilton or Calhoun will play a second at the point.

Correct, he did commit to Maryland & I believe he started attending classes until the NCAA duped him for classes he took at ND Prep, while some of his same teammates took the very same classes & were allowed to compete. He switched his course & headed to Jr, college.

caw

Reaction Score

He was before having to go to JC bc ND Prep was a bit sketchy in se of its classes (not really Cassells fault).

I like how the writer calls Melo Trimble a McDAA level PG who is unselfish while calling basically all of UConns guards ball hogs. I do like that he didn't bother to compare Marylands coach withUConns or Wisconsins.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Was Cassell committed to Maryland at one point, or do I have him confused for someone else?
He was, yeah. And I had the same thought about that effecting the writer's tone.

I'm not going to be as quick to write Maryland off in the Stone sweepstakes, however. There's a reason they got this far, and it seems like he & his folks aren't just picking the big names: they have reasons.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Correct, he did commit to Maryland & I believe he started attending classes until the NCAA duped him for classes he took at ND Prep, while some of his same teammates took the very same classes & were allowed to compete. He switched his course &
headed to Jr, college.

They must have known he was going to transfer to UCONN in his future.

Reaction Score
Somebody better keep Stone from reading that or we don't have a shot. Who can resist a pitch to be the only competent player on the floor for a team that hasn't been relevant in a decade?

The real shame is that I actually had a little crush on Maryland there for a bit. They went down valiantly against us last year and gave us a close game, which only helped us out come tourney time. And in the words of Michael Scott, the enemy of my enemy is my friend - who can forget that time Steve Blake stripped Jason Williams while he was taking orders from Coach Rat Face at mid court?

Reaction Score
That article made me laugh. That writer should be working for a Maryland recruiting web site and not a newspaper.

Reaction Score
That article made me laugh. That writer should be working for a Maryland recruiting web site and not a newspaper.
He's Maryland's top 247 Sports writer and insider.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
What the author fails to mention is that most of Maryland's team next year will be transferring just like 5 players did from last year's team.

Reaction Score
Thank god Kesucky or Wis has no scoring options,,WIS and UK are in the top 4 next year and we are going to scare these type players off? Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom