OT: Stock trading | Page 187 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Market was over priced with stimulus and easy money. Crypto millionaires and meme stock people.

The price of assets - like nfts — was stupid. The Fed was too late at raising interest rates and now is gonna have to catch up.

Get the fed funds rate to 5% and let’s kill inflation. Stock market will tank, but that does help inflation.

Reaction Score
Who knows the timing on when the money comes back in? No one really.

I think it's logical that if someone has liquidity to park for the long-term that now might be the time to deploy it. But, this idea that the trough can be timed is fools gold.

The "trading" mentality that took hold with crypto and Robinhood, etc. is really coming home to roost now. It's unfortunate, because a lot of inexperienced folks go into this during the last couple of years having never really seen a correction like this.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Token is Link

Not sure what that means.

Is the stock symbol LINK or LINK-USD

F60D69E7-ABAC-4025-A6B6-70860813BA5E.jpeg

Edit: can't be bought on vanguard.

Is Robinhood legit?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stay away from Robinhood imo

If anyone is interested in options trading, I recommend signing up for unusual whales. Pretty much allows you to follow where all the money is going and make decisions based on that. Really well done.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Stay away from Robinhood imo

If anyone is interested in options trading, I recommend signing up for unusual whales. Pretty much allows you to follow where all the money is going and make decisions based on that. Really well done.

I was just looking for an easy way to spend a few bucks on LINK. Cant seem to do so on Vanguard.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My best recent purchase was CIVI. My best purchase of the last year, and the one stock that has held up for me through this downturn is SWCH. Switch is a colocation provider, with some incredibly sophisticated data centers. Equinix is the leader in that space, but Switch is possibly more cutting edge. Equinix is organized as a REIT.

Discussed this with others, and it's a longer term view, but if you've watched old TV or Mrs. Maisel, you recall switchboards in the basements of business. Then it became copper wire, now wireless. Our data shows that by 2030 most enterprises want to be out of the business of on premise IT. They want it to be like phone service is now. Some compliance related issues make that impossible for some data/industries. But there is going to be growth in these massive colo facilities. Secondarily, Edge computing will require small distributed data centers spread widely. We are seeing that as well.

So, while things are pretty awful at the moment, with no clear relief in sight, the long term fundamentals for exciting change and transformation remain strong.

Reaction Score
New drop from Chainlink cofounder. Great watch for those interested in what Chainlink is building

Reaction Score
i appreciate everyones perspective. But if you do not have 10% of your portfolio in crypto you are doing yourself a disservice. Lots of blockchain companies that will do well in the long term. Don’t have to buy $$$ coins.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Inflationary recessions are difficult to navigate. I’ve lost a bunch this week. Sigh.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You haven't lost s*** until you sell.
People keep saying this, but it would take a really strong rest of 2022 to get back where we were on January 1. So I've lost the ability to convert investments to cash at the same value they had before. I do think that's something, even if I eventually get that back. I don't have it now. So if I was looking at a house on the Cape (and we are), that's now less viable than it was.

Nice day today. I wonder if this just a dead cat bounce. Hope it's a sign of resistance instead.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
People keep saying this, but it would take a really strong rest of 2022 to get back where we were on January 1. So I've lost the ability to convert investments to cash at the same value they had before. I do think that's something, even if I eventually get that back. I don't have it now. So if I was looking at a house on the Cape (and we are), that's now less viable than it was.
The point is the same: you don't realize gains or losses until you sell.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The point is the same: you don't realize gains or losses until you sell.
Yes, I'm aware. But the ability to realize a gain or convert to $X cash at any given time is itself something of value. That ability has been lost or at least reduced.

Reaction Score
It's times like these that people make millions. So many good companies are "on sale" right now. It might be worse before it gets better but I'm buying low here because some of these companies may not ever see these price levels again. Some look at these times as "oh crap I just lost 20%", I look at them as "where can I buy something that's been unfairly beaten down to make even more $$ in the next 5 years"

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
It's times like these that people make millions. So many good companies are "on sale" right now. It might be worse before it gets better but I'm buying low here because some of these companies may not ever see these price levels again. Some look at these times as "oh crap I just lost 20%", I look at them as "where can I buy something that's been unfairly beaten down to make even more $$ in the next 5 years"
Warren B is buying.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think we’ll see some short-term relief soon, maybe a green 2-3 days in a row. But after that SPY should test low $380’s and if it doesn’t hold it’ll possibly dip $10-20 lower.

+ beta stocks will trend with it.

Reaction Score

Nice day today. I wonder if this just a dead cat bounce. Hope it's a sign of resistance instead.

If you were planning to buy a house that money should have never been in equities anyways.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom