OT: Stock trading | Page 176 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Hope you got in on Rivian RIVN at it's open. Prolly the next Tesla

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Greenland banning uranium mining yesterday will be a problem moving forward for scaling EV and other rare earth techs.

Kvanefjeld was one of the largest deposits in the world. Off the table. Ouch.

Reaction Score
Greenland banning uranium mining yesterday will be a problem moving forward for scaling EV and other rare earth techs.

Kvanefjeld was one of the largest deposits in the world. Off the table. Ouch.

Thorium salt reactors are the future

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Thorium salt reactors are the future
The left and the ESG are completely against nuclear and thorium. Other countries like China are going to go nuclear in the future which will separate them from us and Europe

Reaction Score
UH no, Rivian will never be anything even close to Tesla. Tesla is so many more things besides EV's.

Reaction Score
Who knows what "the next Tesla" will mean within a few years, but won't be surprised to see post-IPO Rivian to drop off some within a few weeks. Hope not too much for early investors and their initial butt fugly vehicles. Meanwhile, own microscopic speck of RIVN via AMZN and F.

Reaction Score
Who knows what "the next Tesla" will mean within a few years, but won't be surprised to see post-IPO Rivian to drop off some within a few weeks. Hope not too much for early investors and their initial butt fugly vehicles. Meanwhile, own microscopic speck of RIVN via AMZN and F.

It's not a bad looking vehicle, but the EV space will be crowded soon. And the policies being put forward by the current Administration will favor Union made vehicles. So FSR, Lucid and Rivian will be facing a headwind which will make it tough to scale.

Reaction Score
Ehh, Its valuation is ridiculous. I hate chasing recent IPOs. I have Tesla, NIO and Lucid in the EV space. The Lucid cars are beautiful and the battery range is over 500 miles. If they can eventually produce cars the average person can afford, I think they’ll be a big winner.

Reaction Score
Ehh, Its valuation is ridiculous. I hate chasing recent IPOs. I have Tesla, NIO and Lucid in the EV space. The Lucid cars are beautiful and the battery range is over 500 miles. If they can eventually produce cars the average person can afford, I think they’ll be a big winner.

They're valued at close to 80 billion, and produce like 1200 cars a year. Is that the company I'm thinking of? Just seems ridiculous at this point.

Reaction Score
UH no, Rivian will never be anything even close to Tesla. Tesla is so many more things besides EV's.

I agree that Tesla is more diverse, but with Bezo's backing you, you have to belive that they will be a part of Amazon's long term strategy of autonomous delivery distribution chain.

I purchased as much as I could. Moving on to building crypto assests

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Speaking of Tesla, I was listening to Cathie Wood speaking via Zoom at Schwab’s Impact event a couple of weeks ago and she was saying she thinks that autonomous transportation is going to be huge over the next 10 years. At the moment, the shiny penny is EVs but 90% of traffic accidents are caused by human error and once the government really puts focus on that, autonomous vehicles will be the next to take off. And that being said, Tesla is so far ahead of every other company in autonomous car testing that there really isn’t much of a competition.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Speaking of Tesla, I was listening to Cathie Wood speaking via Zoom at Schwab’s Impact event a couple of weeks ago and she was saying she thinks that autonomous transportation is going to be huge over the next 10 years. At the moment, the shiny penny is EVs but 90% of traffic accidents are caused by human error and once the government really puts focus on that, autonomous vehicles will be the next to take off. And that being said, Tesla is so far ahead of every other company in autonomous car testing that there really isn’t much of a competition.

The govt should be more concerned with making work from home more universal to have less people on the road and less driving in general.

That’s a good start.

Plus, who is paying when the machine/AI makes an error? Why would I pay when I wasn’t driving?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Reaction Score

Cathy's Ark fund has poorly timed some investments, she purchased HOOD right before they broke news on a customer hack.

Reaction Score
I agree that Tesla is more diverse, but with Bezo's backing you, you have to belive that they will be a part of Amazon's long term strategy of autonomous delivery distribution chain.

I purchased as much as I could. Moving on to building crypto assests

no doubt Rivian has a good future.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
no doubt Rivian has a good future.
until Richard Hammond crashes one of their cars.

I am not in on EVs. I’d be in on EV infrastructure perhaps. The big car companies have major advantages. The new infrastructure bill shuts out nin union shops for example.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Everyone is
Speaking of which, this commercial gives me a pit in my stomach every time I see it. I don't see myself ever being comfortable with autonomous driving; I've had a car with an auto park feature for a couple years now and I've still never even tried it:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
until Richard Hammond crashes one of their cars.

I am not in on EVs. I’d be in on EV infrastructure perhaps. The big car companies have major advantages. The new infrastructure bill shuts out nin union shops for example.

Not only that but they can also see the mistakes places like Tesla make and use their inherent advantages to seize the opportunity.

Plus the car market is just a high competition low margin business

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom