Still nothing linked on ESPN.com....shocking | The Boneyard

Still nothing linked on ESPN.com....shocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just checked the CFB Home page, and there is an article about the BE considering expanding to 12 teams, there's a link to the article about TCU's announcement, but no mention of the Globe article yesterday.

Reaction Score
It's 8:40, Ranger/Tigers in 11th inning, and still no mention of the Globe article on ESPN.com

Reaction Score
That IS weird. They're usually on top of everything. Hmm....

Reaction Score
Ya, even nothing in the Big East lunch time links. There lack of acknowledgment makes me believe (well, hope really) that there really is something meaty to this.

Reaction Score
I sent tweets to several of the ESPN personalities today asking them why so silent on the Globe article...not surprisingly, no one replied.

Reaction Score
I'm still a bit shocked myself at the complete stupidity and lack of judgement that came out of Defilippo.

"We didn't want them in,'' DeFilippo told the Globe. "It was a matter of turf. We wanted to be the New England team.''

Apparently this guy doesn't pay much attention to broadcast ratings, sporting event attendance, ticket sales. Wanted to be the new england team?

I wish I could get a guy like Coach K, or Roy W on the phone and ask them which one wants to be North Carolina's team. Seems to me, that the idea of actually competiting to establish your 'TURF" is important in athletics - isn't that what competition is all about?

Then - the ESPN remarks, which clearly can be taken to be just an idiot spouting something off, which is definitely the route that I would think ESPN wants things to go, but in that case - well - ESPN - you acknowledge that your new england presence in the college broadcasting world - is Boston College, headed by an idiot.

I just can't imagine that ACC leadership is happy at all with Boston College.

And if you read this piece from the fountainhead at BC, you'd think that these people really believe that BC is poised to become some kind of powerhouse by playing football against pittsburgh, b/c I believe they already had renewed a contract with syracuse.
http://www.bc.edu/publications/chronicle/FeaturesNewsTopstories/2011/features/acc100611.html

I think this whole can of worms, might just be the tipping point for the ACC and ESPN, and Boston College as an institution looks like cowardly, childish, place to anyone outside the cozy confines of chestnut hill.

What's trully ironic, is that if the big east can somehow manage to get to a 12/20 model anyway, and add enough football power to retain the BCS bid through another cycle, the ACC / and ESPN will have failed anyway and NBC/Comcast will grab a huge share of the marketplace.

And they'll have defillipo to thank for adding Pitt and Syracuse to strengthen their BC 'northeast' presence.

Profoundly idiotic on so many levels. But that's parliamentary procedure in action.

I would hope that the ACC forms a new committee on expansion, and that defillipo is not involved, and in such case, if I'm at BC, I'd be really concerned about suffering what the Big EAst did to Temple several years ago.

Reaction Score
CNNSI now has it in their "truth and rumors" section...

Reaction Score
So, interestingly enough, Heather Dinich (ACC blogger on ESPN) linked the article where Flipper apologizes, but never linked the original Globe article. Strange bunch these ESPN lads.

Reaction Score
Ever think of writing a book? (grin)

I'm still a bit shocked myself at the complete stupidity and lack of judgement that came out of Defilippo.

"We didn't want them in,'' DeFilippo told the Globe. "It was a matter of turf. We wanted to be the New England team.''

Apparently this guy doesn't pay much attention to broadcast ratings, sporting event attendance, ticket sales. Wanted to be the new england team?

I wish I could get a guy like Coach K, or Roy W on the phone and ask them which one wants to be North Carolina's team. Seems to me, that the idea of actually competiting to establish your 'TURF" is important in athletics - isn't that what competition is all about?

Then - the ESPN remarks, which clearly can be taken to be just an idiot spouting something off, which is definitely the route that I would think ESPN wants things to go, but in that case - well - ESPN - you acknowledge that your new england presence in the college broadcasting world - is Boston College, headed by an idiot.

I just can't imagine that ACC leadership is happy at all with Boston College.

And if you read this piece from the fountainhead at BC, you'd think that these people really believe that BC is poised to become some kind of powerhouse by playing football against pittsburgh, b/c I believe they already had renewed a contract with syracuse.
http://www.bc.edu/publications/chronicle/FeaturesNewsTopstories/2011/features/acc100611.html

I think this whole can of worms, might just be the tipping point for the ACC and ESPN, and Boston College as an institution looks like cowardly, childish, place to anyone outside the cozy confines of chestnut hill.

What's trully ironic, is that if the big east can somehow manage to get to a 12/20 model anyway, and add enough football power to retain the BCS bid through another cycle, the ACC / and ESPN will have failed anyway and NBC/Comcast will grab a huge share of the marketplace.

And they'll have defillipo to thank for adding Pitt and Syracuse to strengthen their BC 'northeast' presence.

Profoundly idiotic on so many levels. But that's parliamentary procedure in action.

I would hope that the ACC forms a new committee on expansion, and that defillipo is not involved, and in such case, if I'm at BC, I'd be really concerned about suffering what the Big EAst did to Temple several years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom