Still No Bad Losses | The Boneyard

Still No Bad Losses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
I get the frustration from last night's piss poor effort but the fact remains that we still haven't suffered a crippling loss to our resume at this juncture.

As long as we steer clear of the Yales and Houstons from a year ago we should be in a comfortable position (albeit not as high a seed as we were hoping) come Selection Sunday.

Not sure why some people are belittling Temple's team. They went on the road and took care of business vs us and Cincy and they will continue to be a tough team throughout conference play as per usual.

Losing to them at our place wasn't ideal but it is something that we can easily learn from and move on. Let's step off the ledge people - although I will join you on the ledge if we drop a 2nd home game vs Memphis this weekend :D

Reaction Score
Temple is a borderline ok team, but we can't drop 4 games in a row to Temple....circle the 2/7 game at Temple as a Must Win.

Not just that we lost the game, it's the way we lost....Temple was inept on offense...39% from field and missed 8 free-throws....but UConn was deplorable on offense....31% from the field. When you see that Gibbs & Hamilton shooting bricks (3 for 21) all night maybe get Miller, Purvis & Calhoun more shots. Why the heck is Purvis only on the floor 24 mins & Gibbs 35 mins.....foul trouble wasn't that big an issue.

Last edited:

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Our RPI dropped from 62 to 95 after last night. It wasn't a bad loss, it was a horrible one.
You may be off the ledge already - RPI watching will do that you

Temple is 7-6 - their losses came to UNC, Butler, Wisconsin, Utah, St. Joes & Houston (who isn't last year's Houston at 13-2).

Reaction Score
You need a strong dose of reality if you think a ranked team losing at home to .500 Temple (who just previously got crushed by Houston) won't be considered a "bad loss." Did it cripple and effectively end the team's shot at the tournament? Of course not. But if our guys do make it in, it will absolutely be in spite of this loss.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You are on drugs. Seriously, put the crack pipe down. There is literally no way to spin this as a good or even inconsequential loss.

Is it season ending or Ollie firing material? Of course not. But it is a bad loss.

Reaction Score
Our RPI dropped from 62 to 95 after last night. It wasn't a bad loss, it was a horrible one.
Temple's RPI is 85. When we lost to Houston 2 years ago, RPI +140 that was a bad loss.

in terms of NCAAT a under 100 RPI loss is not a bad loss.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Wow Temple loss is a crippling loss nowadays man this board is fun. If we made the tourney last year that would have been in spite of the Houston and Yale losses, if we make the tourney this year it won't be because we skated by on this loss.

If this ends up being the worst loss of our season then I say that's pretty good in terms of damage control. Do you see what other bad losses have occurred on the national level?...that hasn't happened to us just yet despite what you may think of Temple

Reaction Score
That loss was as ugly and as bad as they get.
When Temple beat UC they shot lights out. That happens in BB.
They stunk last night and still beat us on our home court.
What does that say about us.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
That loss was as ugly and as bad as they get.
When Temple beat UC they shot lights out. That happens in BB.
They stunk last night and still beat us on our home court.
What does that say about us.
As bad a loss as it gets...yesh we have seen 100x worse than this people.

We are missing Brimah, DHam had maybe his worst game yet wearing a UConn uniform and KO forgot how to coach down the stretch. It was our worst offensive game of the year and you pair that with all the above and that's how we lost to a team that didn't even break 60.

I repeat step away from the ledge people

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is a bad loss. However, we can root for Temple to turn things around, which would help our RPI.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We needed that Top 100 win. The loss hurts because it's the first conference home game and yet another example of crapping the bed for 20 minutes in a game they should have comfortably won. These terrible shot choices of huck in the ball blindly at the rim have got to stop or they are going nowhere in March.

A little time and score awareness wouldn't hurt either. Should never have come down to the last shot.

Reaction Score
We needed that Top 100 win. The loss hurts because it's the first conference home game and yet another example of crapping the bed for 20 minutes in a game they should have comfortably won. These terrible shot choices of huck in the ball blindly at the rim have got to stop or they are going nowhere in March.

A little time and score awareness wouldn't hurt either. Should never have come down to the last shot.
We should have around 11 more games pre AAC tournament against Top 100 RPI teams.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Ohio State is now a Top 50 RPI win, giving us 3. Our worst RPI loss is Temple at 80.
Pretty interesting how thoroughly we dismantled Ohio State and how dismissive everyone (or at least a lot of people) around here was about it. And this board has talked up Cincinnati incessantly, yet Temple beat them on their court, too.
It would be nice to reach a point where losses could be seen as setbacks rather than indications of existential crisis, but that's the nature of message boards, I guess.

Reaction Score
Ohio State is now a Top 50 RPI win, giving us 3. Our worst RPI loss is Temple at 80.
At this point last year, our only Top 50 RPI win was Dayton (which ended up being our only OOC win within the top 50). Only reason I make that comparison to last season is because other posters are saying a loss to Temple will result in back-to-back NIT seasons.

We're gonna be fine, but it's kind of amusing reading all the Chicken Little posts.

Reaction Score
At this point last year, our only Top 50 RPI win was Dayton (which ended up being our only OOC win within the top 50). Only reason I make that comparison to last season is because other posters are saying a loss to Temple will result in back-to-back NIT seasons.

We're gonna be fine, but it's kind of amusing reading all the Chicken Little posts.
We are in better shape than last year, that's for sure. The thing that concerns me is IMO Rodney is the only player who has had a big improvement from last years team. Dham has better numbers but it's because his usage is alot higher. His rebounding is the same, still great, passing about the same, as well as scoring, just not a reliable shot maker at this time. Facey seems the same, shown flashes but fouls too much and panics with the ball. Brimah, though he's injured, has improved his rebounding, but scoring and defense has stayed the same. Gibbs seems to have regressed slightly, although I can't say I watched much of him last year. Can't really say about Miller because of the disparity of conferences, but his numbers now would probably equate to around the same he put up last year. We're not even halfway through the season so there's definitely time for improvement and im sure KO is gonna get the best out of these guys, hopefully it comes soon.

Reaction Score
You're making a huge mistake in caring about the RPI at this point in the season. It will start to matter only in mid to late February.
I do agree with this, the post was more to the people who insanely say Temple is a season killing loss and we have no good wins at this point. Both are patently incorrect.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I would still favor us to win the conference tournament after a couple months of seasoning. After all, we've been in the AAC final every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom