Still learning how to win. | The Boneyard

Still learning how to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But it's nice when you do that by winning.

I thought we were the better team. But proving it on the scoreboard in a mildly hostile environment was a definite step forward. This team is a little behind schedule but when it figures it out, we should have a lot of fun.

Reaction Score
But it's nice when you do that by winning.

I thought we were the better team. But proving it on the scoreboard in a mildly hostile environment was a definite step forward. This team is a little behind schedule but when it figures it out, we should have a lot of fun.

They kept it "mildly hostile" by answering every potential run that Texas made, kept the crowd fairly quiet with quick answers and runs back at them.

Reaction Score
They kept it "mildly hostile" by answering every potential run that Texas made, kept the crowd fairly quiet with quick answers and runs back at them.
Absolutely. Our quick start helped. But there wasn't a lot of passion in there. They save it for football.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Exactly! When the crowd actually woke up on their second half run I was scratching my head at all the soapboxing about the fans needing to support the team better. They were there buddy they just had the clamps on em. The two back to back dham takes come to mind as well. Big baskets to quiet the crowd (and Taylor) and dham let him know.

Reaction Score
This will definitely build confidence. It was great that it was against a well regarded RPI team but more importantly it was a win in a tight game, away from home against a decent team.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
We'll all have to root for Texas now that they can get their act together and not go into a tail spin (and hurt UConn's RPI).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We needed this win badly given the remaining schedule,

I don't know if UConn is learning how to win so much as it was playing an evenly matched opponent and someone had to pull it out. Glad it was us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom