Stewie WNBA MVP | The Boneyard

Stewie WNBA MVP

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
1695750928219.png

Reaction Score
Phee was a solid 4th.

Good thing this award is for the regular season. Breana's last 4 four games (season-ending game and 3 playoff games) have her in the midst of possibly the worst shooting slump of her career (23 of 83).

Anybody know if she is concealing or hindered by an injury? If it is a shooting slump, I'd expect her to come out guns blazing in game 2 versus the Sun, especially after losing the opener.

Reaction Score
Congrats to all that we were blessed to receive a vote and made the cut. Congrats to Stewie on winning the award for the 2nd time. Like others have said, this was a pretty intense WNBA season and MVP race. A'ja, Stewie, and AT. They were all worthy candidates same for others that gained a vote or two.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
If I am not mistaken, and perhaps @maccca3232 knows, last year Stewart’s advanced metrics were better but Wilson won. This year Wilson’s are better but Stewart won. I’d say it all evened out except that Thomas probably does not agree.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
If I am not mistaken, and perhaps @maccca3232 knows, last year Stewart’s advanced metrics were better but Wilson won. This year Wilson’s are better but Stewart won. I’d say it all evened out except that Thomas probably does not agree.

You are correct about last year (Yet Stewie didn't whine about it). Thomas could have won and it wouldn't have bothered me. What does bother me is how Wilson gets more free throws than anybody (In fewer minutes) that really inflate her "metrics". She is a GREAT player but when I watch her games I say she gets a lot of phantom calls and does not get called for a ton of moving screens and other fouls. Stewie gets away with things too but not on the level of Wilson.

WNBA FT 2023.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought Stewie has a slight edge last year through August, but she was injured and missed some play late in the season. That may have made difference.

Though only 1 person wins the award, I consider that A'ja and Stewie were even both last year and this year.

The NFL uses only 1st place votes in their MVP award. Many years ago, Brett Favre and Barry Sanders shared the award. Having a tie is less likely to happen when you have a points-based system.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You are correct about last year (Yet Stewie didn't whine about it). Thomas could have won and it wouldn't have bothered me. What does bother me is how Wilson gets more free throws than anybody (In fewer minutes) that really inflate her "metrics". She is a GREAT player but when I watch her games I say she gets a lot of phantom calls and does not get called for a ton of moving screens and other fouls. Stewie gets away with things too but not on the level of Wilson.

View attachment 91682

I thought that Wilson got more calls than anyone when she first came into the league. It doesn't seem to be quite as bad now, or maybe she makes more of the shots on which she is fouled.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I thought that Wilson got more calls than anyone when she first came into the league. It doesn't seem to be quite as bad now, or maybe she makes more of the shots on which she is fouled.
Well she does. Look at that chart. More free throws despite over 100 less minutes than Lloyd and Stewie. And 168 fewer shots than Lloyd and 79 fewer shots than Stewie. Minutes is the big one.

Reaction Score
IMHO this was decided preseason as the "talking suits" had both Stewie and A'ja on Mount Olympus!
I think AT had a bigger hand in her teams success as everything went through her!
She didn't have as strong a supporting cast as Stewie and A'ja!
All three are extremely talented!

Reaction Score
Stewie has been such an amazing, humble person since we’ve been introduced to her a little over a decade ago.

With so many people discrediting her in favor of other candidates, I can’t personally say that I’d be as gracious as she is and continues to be.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Well deserved. There really was no wrong choice amongst the Top 3.

Phee is a future MVP, no doubt.
Yeah, but she only got 12 second place votes which is why she lost. Still say AT deserved to win.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but she only got 12 second place votes which is why she lost. Still say AT deserved to win.

It’s not Stewie’s fault voters thought AT was either deserving of first or third. She’s had an incredible season, yes, but the same can be said about Stewie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom