Stewie vs EDD - the best of the 2 wins the best of 5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stewie vs EDD - the best of the 2 wins the best of 5

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Same could be said for Seattle. Their long range shooting disappeared much of the series against the Mercury, but came back last night. It wasn't just Bird. The other starters were only 3-10 but Whitcomb and Canada combined to hit 3-4 off the bench. Team finished 11-25.

If Mystics don’t shoot well from deep, they lose. Plain and simple. If they shoot well, they have a chance.

If Seattle doesn’t shoot well from deep, they still have a good shot to win. If they do shoot well, it isn’t going to be close.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The Storm have to win, because Krist Toliver a/k/a The Perpetual Scowl plays for that other team.

Reaction Score
I saw the Seattle v. Washington game in person in early August. The Storm were on a grueling 4-day road trip and had to play at 11:30 or so (8:30 AM body time). The Mystics ran away with the game. I think the Seattle starters played fewer than 20 minutes. Was that representative or anomalous?

I think Sue Bird is the difference maker. Seattle will have large and loud crowds at home. Washington has been moved to GW's smaller arena.
The Mystics will play in the slightly larger Eagle Bank Arena on the George Mason campus which holds 10,000 people. I don't think Wednesday's crowd will be very loud unless the Mystics are up 2-0.

Reaction Score
The Storm have to win, because Krist Toliver a/k/a The Perpetual Scowl plays for that other team.

Did you ever watch Toliver play? She was magnificent in game 5 where EDD was just average!!! She has passion, unbelievable accuracy and was the difference maker in that game and the series!!! The Mystics would not be in the Finals without her.

Reaction Score
The Mystics will play in the slightly larger Eagle Bank Arena on the George Mason campus which holds 10,000 people. I don't think Wednesday's crowd will be very loud unless the Mystics are up 2-0.
Don't suppose I could persuade my son (a freshman at Mason) to get me tickets or go to the game...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Did you ever watch Toliver play? She was magnificent in game 5 where EDD was just average!!! She has passion, unbelievable accuracy and was the difference maker in that game and the series!!! The Mystics would not be in the Finals without her.

No, I never watched her play. :confused:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Oh, they moved. Thanks for the info.

Reaction Score
I know a lot of people have been saying that Loyd needs to step up. I think that matching up against the Mystics is far better for her than matching up against the Dream. She has struggled against the defense that Hayes, and co. are able to put on her. I will not lie, I have never watched a Storm vs Mystics game so I have no knowledge of their defensive scheme against her. I think that this series will be easier for Loyd, because January was a very good defender. Most of Loyd's easier score the last 4 games came on switches with Taurasi and anyone not named January. This is where I think it goes to show how good Bird and Stewart have been this year. I think Howard and Clark are good, but they aren't elite like the other 3 starters. Clark can shoot an open three and post up, but is otherwise not very dynamic. This hurts Loyd because they can stick their best defender on her every game, and rest a really good offensive player by defending Clark. Howard is very good, but is a foul waiting to happen and loses a lot of passes. The Mystics have the fr superior bench. If Seattle is going to win, their starters are going to carry the load. The Mystics have two high-scoring starters, but they have a lot of role players that can put up double digit figures. This should be a great and entertaining series. Good luck to both teams. Go Seattle!!

Reaction Score
Hey, anybody know how that 'add-em-up' Stewie vs. EDD thing turned out?

It wen't something like this: Add em up between Stewie and EDD. Whichever one has the most for the entire series (points + rebounds + assists + steals + blocks) their team WINS! :rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hey, anybody know how that 'add-em-up' Stewie vs. EDD thing turned out?

It wen't something like this: Add em up between Stewie and EDD. Whichever one has the most for the entire series (points + rebounds + assists + steals + blocks) their team WINS! :rolleyes:

Stewie had the advantage by being healthy, but few, if any, are at her level when she goes into what Sue calls "God mode."

Reaction Score
Stewie vs. EDD in the best of five WNBA championship.

Feelings? Preferences? Predictions?

Here's my prediction:
Add em up between Stewie and EDD. Whichever one has the most for the entire series (points + rebounds + assists + steals + blocks) their team WINS!

You?

Good prediction. Three UCONN grads on the first team all star team, Tiffany Hayes getting her due, plus CD and Geno in the stands. A great night for the husky alums and the program.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stewie vs. EDD did turn out to be key, but so did the contributions of complimentary players like I predicted. Howard was great and Clark had a decent series. For the Mystics Atkins was good but they didn't get a lot from Cloud or Sanders. Washington bench might've been more productive overall, but Whitcomb totally swung the momentum in the 4th quarter last night when Washington was rallying. 2 quick steals that led to buckets and a 3 and it was game over.

Bird vs. Toliver wasn't really as much of a key. Toliver had an awful Game 1, she was better in Game 2 and 3. Sue's shot was off most of the series but she was dishing out assists still.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Stewie is just the best. Ever since that switch flipped her freshman year all she's done is kick butt and take names. Plus, she has a great dog.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Stewie vs. EDD did turn out to be key, but so did the contributions of complimentary players like I predicted. Howard was great and Clark had a decent series. For the Mystics Atkins was good but they didn't get a lot from Cloud or Sanders. Washington bench might've been more productive overall, but Whitcomb totally swung the momentum in the 4th quarter last night when Washington was rallying. 2 quick steals that led to buckets and a 3 and it was game over.

Bird vs. Toliver wasn't really as much of a key. Toliver had an awful Game 1, she was better in Game 2 and 3. Sue's shot was off most of the series but she was dishing out assists still.

Tough grader. ;)

upload_2018-9-14_4-44-44.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom