Stewie vs EDD - the best of the 2 wins the best of 5 | The Boneyard

Stewie vs EDD - the best of the 2 wins the best of 5

Reaction Score
Stewie vs. EDD in the best of five WNBA championship.

Feelings? Preferences? Predictions?

Here's my prediction:
Add em up between Stewie and EDD. Whichever one has the most for the entire series (points + rebounds + assists + steals + blocks) their team WINS!

You?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
While that's an intriguing individual match up, I think supporting players will determine this one. Mystics have been getting big contributions from players like Cloud, Sanders and Atkins. How much will Seattle get from Howard and Clark, and can Loyd step up? Which bench produces more? Also Bird vs. Tolliver is a key as well.

Reaction Score
I'm just thrilled that the teams that got to the final are led by two of the classiest players in the league. They are great team players, and even greater competitors. Both were nursing significant injuries, but they just went out and won. Amazing display of guts and determination by Sue and Elena.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I saw the Seattle v. Washington game in person in early August. The Storm were on a grueling 4-day road trip and had to play at 11:30 or so (8:30 AM body time). The Mystics ran away with the game. I think the Seattle starters played fewer than 20 minutes. Was that representative or anomalous?

I think Sue Bird is the difference maker. Seattle will have large and loud crowds at home. Washington has been moved to GW's smaller arena.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Stewie vs. EDD in the best of five WNBA championship.

Feelings? Preferences? Predictions?

Here's my prediction:
Add em up between Stewie and EDD. Whichever one has the most for the entire series (points + rebounds + assists + steals + blocks) their team WINS!

You?

Both show up and cancel each other out. The series is won by supporting casts, and Seattle’s is much stronger.

I think the Mystics 3pt shooting is the x-factor. They need a big night from Toliver in one of the first 2 games. If her, Cloud and Atkins are hitting from deep, Mystics can stay in it. They also need off nights from 2 of Howard/Loyd/Stewart. If they can’t win game 1 or 2 on the road, we’re looking at a sweep.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think the Mystics 3pt shooting is the x-factor.

Same could be said for Seattle. Their long range shooting disappeared much of the series against the Mercury, but came back last night. It wasn't just Bird. The other starters were only 3-10 but Whitcomb and Canada combined to hit 3-4 off the bench. Team finished 11-25.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Arike is aggressive as usual.

Harris hits 2 treys in a row!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Napheesa using her quickness.

Bucket for Tuck.

Diamond has 12 on 5-6 shooting, Looking smooth,

Reaction Score
EDD has the better supporting cast, a much deeper bench, and there are spots on the floor where Seattle is seriously overmatched. When Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis was on the floor for Seattle, Washington ran plays at her every time down the floor(I will double check for accuracy). Washington likes to play on the perimeter but can go inside a bully a team like Seattle. In a close game, one has to like Sue Bird. The two games in Seattle have chance of being close. I do not see it. Washington in 3. It will be Seattle's turn next year, but only if Sue Bird can play back to this past season's form; Which may mean taking some games off/allotting more minutes to her successor.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
EDD has the better supporting cast, a much deeper bench, and there are spots on the floor where Seattle is seriously overmatched. When Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis was on the floor for Seattle, Washington ran plays at her every time down the floor(I will double check for accuracy). Washington likes to play on the perimeter but can go inside a bully a team like Seattle. In a close game, one has to like Sue Bird. The two games in Seattle have chance of being close. I do not see it. Washington in 3. It will be Seattle's turn next year, but only if Sue Bird can play back to this past season's form; Which may mean taking some games off/allotting more minutes to her successor.
Yeah, the Mystics attacked Kaleena relentlessly. I agree that the Mystics bench is better, and the complementary starters Cloud, Atkins, and Sanders can all play.

The game you and I saw was somewhat atypical in my opinion. I think the Mystics will have trouble in Seattle. I see a 5-game series with 5 home wins.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Based on the Phoenix series, KML isn't going to be on the floor very often for Washington to go after her.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Based on the Phoenix series, KML isn't going to be on the floor very often for Washington to go after her.

What do you think is the cause for the deficiency in her defensive prowess? I have an idea, but I want to hear it from you.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What do you think is the cause for the deficiency in her defensive prowess? I have an idea, but I want to hear it from you.

I haven't seen a lot of the Storm this year. I would guess lack of quickness and lateral mobility hinders her somewhat.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Right. Kaleena's minutes in the playoffs are down from the regular season because she's such a liability defensively.

I don't see the bench advantage for the Mystics. In game 5 against Atlanta the Mystics played Ruffin-Pratt, Powers and Hawkins.

The key for the Storm is Loyd. She has to play like the 2nd best player on the team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Different thread? Maybe diiferent world! Where did you buy what you must be drinking? What fun that was. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I was posting on the USAB scrimmage last night. During a break in the game action, I read some posts in another thread. When the game resumed, I started posing again, but in the wrong thread. I hope folks were amused. It seemed as if only a couple of us watched the scrimmage.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I was posting on the USAB scrimmage last night. During a break in the game action, I read some posts in another thread. When the game resumed, I started posing again, but in the wrong thread. I hope folks were amused. It seemed as if only a couple of us watched the scrimmage.
It was amusing, and something I could easily have done. :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom