Stewie - POY | The Boneyard

Stewie - POY

Reaction Score
C18AF7A4-4D96-4A6C-899E-4957FFBABCA3.jpeg

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am surprised Wilson did not win. Dont see any real separation in personal stats and the Aces finished first.

Is the AP awards, the definitive set of awards given by the WNBA?

Last edited:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I am surprised Wilson did not win. Dont see any real separation in personal stats and the Aces finished first.

Maybe because it is player of the year and not MVP. Also Wilson has more help around her for the most part. Seattle has some players who are capable of big numbers but not consistently high scoring like Plum.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
If ESPN has a version of this award it will certaiinly go to Wilson. Her and Parker have been their main stories all season.

Reaction Score

It is possibly because Stewie‘s WAR numbers far exceed those of A’ja Wilson.
D754A858-D962-4095-A292-A90E5CBE7B9B.jpeg

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It is possibly because Stewie‘s WAR numbers far exceed those of A’ja Wilson.
Interesting. Any link or source of WAR numbers?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Maybe because it is player of the year and not MVP. Also Wilson has more help around her for the most part. Seattle has some players who are capable of big numbers but not consistently high scoring like Plum.
A'ja may have an edge for MVP because her team finished at the top and they beat Seattle in the last game.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Actually, if you look at traditional metrics I believe Wilson might be considered MOP, Most Outstanding Player. But if you look at combined advanced metrics like win shares, efficiencies and PER, Stewart leads the league, along with this new WARP stat. This suggests that MVP, Most Valuable Player, is precisely the right award for her.

Those stats are supported by the stellar play of Wilson’s supporting cast. Through no fault of her own, Wilson’s value to her team is less than Stewart’s because of that.

Reaction Score
Interesting. Any link or source of WAR numbers?
I can't speak for WAR but basketball-reference has Win Shares, Offensive Rating, Defensive Rating, PER, Effective FG% (EFG), True Shooting% (TS), Usage%, Steal%, Assist %, and Turnover %. Of these Stewie beats A'ja in all 10.

While A'ja's advantage is Rebound%, and Block %.

So while A'ja is close in nearly all, she loses 10-3 if you count both OREBound and DEREBOUND separate which favors A'ja. Then again if you also want to add for Stewie you could add FT% and 3Pt%. Thus making it 12-3.

In regards to Basic Stats, overall Stewie leads in points, and assists while A'ja leads in Rebounding. The Basic 3 stats still favor Stewie.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom