Stewie needs to watch tapes of DT and MM getting mugged | The Boneyard

Stewie needs to watch tapes of DT and MM getting mugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is plenty of footage to see how you are going to get mugged the next two years.

Bonnie & Colleen

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Maybe she can watch the Baylor vs Louisville game and see what BG went through.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I have been thinking the very same thing. Last night's game was a travesty in this respect as Breanna was literally man handled for the better part of the game, and that she was in very good company (if one were to put a "positive" spin on this. To her credit, she like her predecessors was still able to put together a very respectable stat line.

It remains for the rest of the team to step up, to continue to step up and show that you can take out one, but there are 4 others on the floor who can hurt you.

Good game.

Bad refs. Bad, bad, refs.

Reaction Score
It was the NC game, either her junior or senior year, against Them. On one play, Diana was grabbed by the arm and literally whirled around. Just as she came out of her spin a pass came to her. She grabbed it and immediately launched a three, which she nailed. She let loose a joyful expletive, for which she was roundly condemned, all quickly forgetting the circumstances of the shot, and certainly no foul called on the LV that had manhandled her to no effect. It was a true Diana moment, one of those plays she made that showed her essential character, that seemed to happen with greater regularity against the Empire.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
and watch how UConn manhandled Kelly Mazzante.

Steve will need to continue to get stronger or there will be no WNBA for her. She needs to study Lisa Leslie...

and, as always, feel the need to remind folks that BG was bodied up for the first 8 minutes of the game and that was it... please stop with the revisionist history.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
browneyedwoman said:
There is plenty of footage to see how you are going to get mugged the next two years. Bonnie & Colleen

I'm thinking the Stanford game at the TreeHouse the year they broke the Streak.

Maya got held, pulled and banged real good that day. Of course, she gave nearly as good as she got in return :)

Reaction Score
With Kia emerging every game, teams are going to get buried, if they keep putting multiple people on Stewie. That gives Kia the openings, for her assaults on the basket, and she's deadly when she gets in the lane. She likes the contact, + 1 on her forays in the lane. That one Green Bay player fouled Kia on a made basket, and got the worst part of the collision

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Diana got mugged badly her senior year. I believe that Maya did too.

Diana got mugged for 3 straight years. Defenders quickly figured out that that style of 'defense' was their only chance. It did get worse over the years as they realized it wasn't working liked they hoped.

Reaction Score
Diana got mugged badly her senior year. I believe that Maya did too.
When the long streak was broken at Stanford, the refs essentially let Chiney hold and bang into Maya the entire game, as I recall...Maya wasn't the type to retaliate...when big sister Neka tried the same tactics on DT in the WNBA playoffs this year, Dee laid her out hard...have to say I like Dee's way better...

Last edited:

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Would all of you like some Bri with this whine? Great players play through adversity. So Stewie is getting banged, that happens when you're the National POY and every Media Platform in the world proclaims you the best player in WCBB. She's going to get grabbed, bumped, pulled, kicked, pushed, elbowed, forearmed, smacked, punched and gouged. It happens to all the greats and she has to rise above it and play her game. What she misses more than anything right now is Stefanie Dolson. Stef took the pressure off of Stewie, she had to be guarded by the opposition's post player frequently at the High Post, her ability to pass from that position made it easy to space the floor for Stewie to operate almost unimpeded. Well Stef is gone and so is everything she brought to the table and the POY will just have to adjust, the great one's always do and I believe she will.

Reaction Score
Dee being close lined by a Tenn player, no call.
Just re- watched that tape and right after that clothesline as she cut across the middle she made a three and shouted something not too nioce on her way b ack down court

Reaction Score
Would all of you like some Bri with this whine? Great players play through adversity. So Stewie is getting banged, that happens when you're the National POY and every Media Platform in the world proclaims you the best player in WCBB. She's going to get grabbed, bumped, pulled, kicked, pushed, elbowed, forearmed, smacked, punched and gouged. It happens to all the greats and she has to rise above it and play her game. What she misses more than anything right now is Stefanie Dolson. Stef took the pressure off of Stewie, she had to be guarded by the opposition's post player frequently at the High Post, her ability to pass from that position made it easy to space the floor for Stewie to operate almost unimpeded. Well Stef is gone and so is everything she brought to the table and the POY will just have to adjust, the great one's always do and I believe she will.
I agree with this but would like to add. I really think if teams are going to double Stewie as they have been UCONN should spread the floor and put Stewie at the high post and give her the ball. With Morgan and or Kia underneath one on one they could score at will. I know Geno has said that he wants to play a fast paced game which is good if the opportunity presents itself but I don't know if it's just me but it looks a little helter skelter at times with turnovers and players playing too much one on one and taking quick shots with no bigs under the boards to get rebounds. I guess only time will tell and Coach knows better than me what he has to do. GO UCONN

Reaction Score
and watch how UConn manhandled Kelly Mazzante.

Steve will need to continue to get stronger or there will be no WNBA for her. She needs to study Lisa Leslie...

and, as always, feel the need to remind folks that BG was bodied up for the first 8 minutes of the game and that was it... please stop with the revisionist history.

I have to say, I really like "Steve" as a nickname for Breanna.

Reaction Score
That's all true and no complaints if the refs call the fouls. That's a big IF.

Reaction Score
Just re- watched that tape and right after that clothesline as she cut across the middle she made a three and shouted something not too nioce on her way b ack down court
I remember that three-one of the greatest 'comebacks' to a mauling ever, in a great series of games!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Steve will need to continue to get stronger or there will be no WNBA for her. .
Oh, yes, I'm sure ALL the GM's are very concerned about that.

5543864653_5ac1097dce.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger