Stewie may be the best player on the planet...!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stewie may be the best player on the planet...!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Why is it that someone as great as Diana Tourasi is considered better than Cynthia Cooper who won 4 straight WNBA titles before retiring and has a higher regular season and playoff scoring average, better assist average, two regular season MVPs and four straight finals MVPs. Taurasi has a longer WNBA career but in 14 years hasn't achieved as many championships as Cooper won in her first four years. Cooper entered the WNBA at the age of 34 after leading the overseas league in scoring in 8 out of 11 years. Cooper entered the WNBA as the oldest player in the league and yet still totally dominated. If Cooper had entered the WNBA at the age when Taurasi entered, her numbers most likely would have made Taurasi's numbers look like chopped liver. I am strong UCONN fan but I value more a player who's specialty is winning championships. Taurasi's impact on winning championships does not remotely compare to Cooper despite having great players around you. If you have the so called GOAT along with great players, you should win more than 3 out of 14. In my book winning counts more. She compares favorably against any other player but compared to Cooper she does not stack up. If you believe Taurasi is better, please tell me one thing that she could do for her team that Cooper did not produce for her team.

Uh oh, what you said. Here, you can borrow mine:

51%2BxhlFl1zL.jpg

Reaction Score
I remember a comment that Rebecca Lobo made in reference to Breanna during her freshman year. During a live ESPN TV broadcast, she said that Stewart "looks kinda goofy". Even though it was said with no malice intended, I thought is was inappropriate, unprofessional, denigrating and uncalled for.

I like Rebecca, but that personal observation (that was meant to be cutesy) was not relevant, added nothing to the broadcast, and in no way enlightened the viewers. I wonder if Lobo ever apologized (or thought about apologizing) to Stewart (and her parents) for that unsolicited and unprofessional on-air remark? :oops: I wonder how Lobo would respond if someone were to call one of her daughters "goofy looking" on live national TV?
I remember Rebecca saying that as I had already had that same thought. So, it may have been all the things you said it was, but in my opinion it was also accurate. It still amazes me how Stewie sort of flops around when she's playing. Nothing like the polish of Maya or Sue or the toughness of Tina or Diana, but yet she gets it done with more consistency than any of them.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
As for the pros, it’s really impossible to compare Cooper’s 5 year career in the W with DT’s 14 years. Cooper’s game really developed overseas. By the time she finally got to the W, she was a veteran player and didn’t have to experience the rookie learning curve.

It's not really impossible. Cooper entered the WNBA when she was 34. D is currently 36. So, you could look at the three seasons they have in common in terms of age.

In those three seasons, Cooper scored more (22 vs. 18 ppg), assisted more (4.7 apg vs. 4.0), rebounded more (3.5 vs. 3.2), shot better and shot 3s better. Cooper dropped off a little bit in her age 37 season but D hasn't played that season yet.

Speculating beyond that is just that: speculation. How would Cooper have done in the WNBA year after year? Who knows? D has been playing in the WNBA at a really high level year after year (except for that one year she took off) and has compiled stunning career stats.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It's not really impossible. Cooper entered the WNBA when she was 34. D is currently 36. So, you could look at the three seasons they have in common in terms of age.

In those three seasons, Cooper scored more (22 vs. 18 ppg), assisted more (4.7 apg vs. 4.0), rebounded more (3.5 vs. 3.2), shot better and shot 3s better. Cooper dropped off a little bit in her age 37 season but D hasn't played that season yet.

Speculating beyond that is just that: speculation. How would Cooper have done in the WNBA year after year? Who knows? D has been playing in the WNBA at a really high level year after year (except for that one year she took off) and has compiled stunning career stats.
That’s one way of comparing the two players. But here again, you cannot compare Cooper & DT in a vacuum. It’s been a generation since Cynthia Cooper played in the “W.” The talent level has improved significantly. How much better would DT have been vs the competition she would have faced in the 90’s.

Bill Russell won more championships then any other player in the history of the NBA, but it’s hard to make a valid comparison between Russell and modern day stars like Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant or Lebron James. The talent level is significantly better today and the skill sets of today’s players are absolutely remarkable.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
That’s one way of comparing the two players. But here again, you cannot compare Cooper & DT in a vacuum. It’s been a generation since Cynthia Cooper played in the “W.” The talent level has improved significantly. How much better would DT have been vs the competition she would have faced in the 90’s.

Bill Russell won more championships then any other player in the history of the NBA, but it’s hard to make a valid comparison between Russell and modern day stars like Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant or Lebron James. The talent level is significantly better today and the skill sets of today’s players are absolutely remarkable.

I often enjoy your posts. In this case I'll agree with you, but with a different argument. The argument that you can't compare between eras because of the different talent levels and skill sets does not take into account that if you transported Player A into an era of greater talent levels and skill sets, chances are that Player A's talent level and skill set also would be improved. That may not always be true. From what I understand about Cheryl Miller she may have been near the cap of talent level and skill set for any era, but I suspect that statement would be true for Cooper, or for Taurasi in reverse.

However, different eras translate into different make up of teams. A league just starting out is likely to, by probability alone, have disparities in talent not to be found in a more mature league (or a league in which players finally decide to game the system, a la Golden State). If you combine that disparity in talent with good coaching you could have a result where one team wins four championships in a row. Cooper happened to be the best player of that bunch, but I suspect they would have had the same result if you transported Taurasi back to replace Cooper, just as Cooper's dominance would be diluted if you transported her forward to a league of more balanced talent.

I think plastic does bring up a valid point (you as well). We are focused on what we know, the era of UConn dominance in college and WNBA. Hey! That's our right! We are fans, not analytical historians. I will support our players as GOAT, but with a degree of humility that comparisons with players such as Cooper and Miller are problematic.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I remember Rebecca saying that as I had already had that same thought. So, it may have been all the things you said it was, but in my opinion it was also accurate. It still amazes me how Stewie sort of flops around when she's playing. Nothing like the polish of Maya or Sue or the toughness of Tina or Diana, but yet she gets it done with more consistency than any of them.

Two thoughts on this. First, we do not know the relationship between Lobo and Stewart. Stewart's profile from what I can tell from news clips here and there is a person of combined humility and confidence, a great combination in my opinion. People with such a make-up tend to be self-deprecating, they enjoy a good joke at their expense as it helps to keep them humble. (Btw, many societies of early nomads routinely faulted the game their best hunters brought back, a valuable humility tool in close knit societies where people have to be equally responsible to each other). I don't know that Lobo and Stewart have this type of relationship or not, but Lobo's comment may be something Stewart actually enjoys, even though it might be devastating for a person with less confidence.

The essence of Stewart's talent to me is in that famous block of a Rutger player's shot. The Scarlet Knight started at 3/4 court, Stewart made up the difference of 1/4 court head start to block the shot. Moore could have made that play; if she did we would have marveled at the determination, grace and athleticism involved. When Stewart made the play I thought: Wow! That ... was ... unremarkable?! Stewart made it appear like no big deal, maybe even a tad gangly as some have commented.

Taurasi may be the most fiery competitor, Moore the most determined, but the more I see of Stewart the more I think this deceptive kid may indeed be the most talented of all.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Some years ago didn't someone catch a lot of flack for likening a UConn player to Edward Scissorhands?

movieposter.webp

I agree with @diggerfoot that Stewie appears to be somewhat of a contradiction, appearing a little disjointed and she is rather pigeon toed (luckily) and yet it all works together to be amazingly durable and fluid and quick.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I remember a comment that Rebecca Lobo made in reference to Breanna during her freshman year. During a live ESPN TV broadcast, she said that Stewart "looks kinda goofy". Even though it was said with no malice intended, I thought is was inappropriate, unprofessional, denigrating and uncalled for.

I like Rebecca, but that personal observation (that was meant to be cutesy) was not relevant, added nothing to the broadcast, and in no way enlightened the viewers. I wonder if Lobo ever apologized (or thought about apologizing) to Stewart (and her parents) for that unsolicited and unprofessional on-air remark? :oops: I wonder how Lobo would respond if someone were to call one of her daughters "goofy looking" on live national TV?
Disagree. Those are the kind of comments that make Lobo one of the better color commentators out there. FWIW, IMO she wasn't saying that Stewie is unattractive. She was commenting on Stewie's gangliness. Take a look at the picture in the OP:
stewie-vs-china-2018-jpg.34629

See how Stewie is all arms and legs and how feet are toeing in? It looks awkward. A lot of Stewie's shots are like that. They look off. Her supreme athleticism allows her to make them.

I don't think there was anything mean spirited in Rebecca's observation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And in about 10 years or so, after a few more Olympic gold medals and a bunch of additional WNBA titles & MVP’s, we will have a very spirited discussion on whether Stewie has supplanted DT as the G.O.A.T.

Should be a very interesting debate.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Disagree. Those are the kind of comments that make Lobo one of the better color commentators out there. FWIW, IMO she wasn't saying that Stewie is unattractive. She was commenting on Stewie's gangliness. Take a look at the picture in the OP:
stewie-vs-china-2018-jpg.34629

See how Stewie is all arms and legs and how feet are toeing in? It looks awkward. A lot of Stewie's shots are like that. They look off. Her supreme athleticism allows her to make them.

I don't think there was anything mean spirited in Rebecca's observation.

Tell me how KLS rolls ankles for breakfast (I know old repetitive injury) and Stewie doesn't roll one every time she lands!

CL82

Reaction Score
Tell me how KLS rolls ankles for breakfast (I know old repetitive injury) and Stewie doesn't roll one every time she lands!
Not sure but it may because the rest of posture/form is flawless. Draw a line down the center line of ball and bisects her body perfectly. She really is an amazing athlete and as I've said before here, she hasn't peaked yet. She's still physically young. She's just going to keep getting stronger/better over next few years. Kind of scary if you aren't a fan.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Why is it that someone as great as Diana Tourasi is considered better than Cynthia Cooper who won 4 straight WNBA titles before retiring and has a higher regular season and playoff scoring average, better assist average, two regular season MVPs and four straight finals MVPs. Taurasi has a longer WNBA career but in 14 years hasn't achieved as many championships as Cooper won in her first four years. Cooper entered the WNBA at the age of 34 after leading the overseas league in scoring in 8 out of 11 years. Cooper entered the WNBA as the oldest player in the league and yet still totally dominated. If Cooper had entered the WNBA at the age when Taurasi entered, her numbers most likely would have made Taurasi's numbers look like chopped liver. I am strong UCONN fan but I value more a player who's specialty is winning championships. Taurasi's impact on winning championships does not remotely compare to Cooper despite having great players around you. If you have the so called GOAT along with great players, you should win more than 3 out of 14. In my book winning counts more. She compares favorably against any other player but compared to Cooper she does not stack up. If you believe Taurasi is better, please tell me one thing that she could do for her team that Cooper did not produce for her team.

@plastic , I wanted to respond to your post and present some information:
  • 3X WNBA MVP
  • 2X WNBA scoring champion
  • 3X Defensive POY
  • 5X All-WNBA First Team
  • 2X All-WNBA Second Team
Those were some of the numbers of Sheryl Swoopes, Cooper's teammate for all four of her seasons in Houston. Swoopes made the All-WNBA First Team in 1998, 1999, and 2000 (plus two other times); those three years were years in which the Houston Comets won the WNBA title.

And in 2000 - the last WNBA title for Houston - Swoopes won the scoring title, WNBA MVP, and DPOY award. While Cooper may have won the Finals MVP, the best player in the league that year was Sheryl Swoopes.

And just so we are clear:

• 3X All-WNBA First Team
  • 4X All-WNBA Second Team
  • WNBA All-Star Game MVP

Those are some of the numbers for Tina Thompson, Cooper's teammate for all four of her seasons in Houston. Thompson made the All-WNBA First Team in 1997 and 1998 (plus another year) and the All-WNBA Second Team in 1999 and 2000 (plus two more times). Houston won its four titles while Thompson was either All-WNBA First Team or Second Team. As an aside, Thompson was also the WNBA All-Star Game MVP in 2000.

Now, Cooper was an amazing player. Absolutely incredible. But it should be noted that Cooper never won a title without having another All-WNBA First Team honoree as a teammate - and in 1998, she had two All-WNBA First Team honorees as teammates. In two other seasons (1999 and 2000), she had both ll-WNBA First Team and All-WNBA Team honorees as teammates.

At no point in the WNBA has Taurasi ever played with that collective amount of talent in the same year.

@Wally East , I wanted to add a few counterpoints to your argument about player comparison.

First, the WNBA is a MUCH deeper league in terms of talent than it was back in 1997-2000.

Heck, in 1997 and 1998, most of the world's best players were not even playing in the WNBA, but were in the ABL - Katie Smith, Shannon Johnson, Yolanda Griffith, Natalie Williams, DeLisha Milton, Jennifer Azzi, Tonya Edward, Tari Phillips, Dawn Staley, Taj McWilliams-Franklin, etc.

Second, while you are using Cooper's three-point percentage, consider this. From 1997-2000 - Cynthia Cooper's heyday - the three-point line was 19 feet, 9 inches. In 2004 - Diana Taurasi's rookie season - the three-point line was moved to 20 feet, 6-1/4 inches from the basket (9-1/4 inches farther). And in 2012, the three-point arc was moved again to 22 feet, 1 3/4 inches (matching the distance used in international competition).

When Cooper was shooting her threes at the same age as Taurasi, she was shooting them from 19-9. At the same age, Taurasi is shooting them from 22-1.75. That makes a huge difference, when comparing percentages.

As I said earlier, Cooper was an amazing player. She should be on the Mount Rushmore of the WNBA. But when examining Cooper vs. Taurasi, simply comparing statistics at respective ages does not give a full measure of performance.

Cooper was a great player, but let’s start with college. Cooper was a very good college player but DT was a much better college player than Cooper. DT’s stats, as well as her last 2 of 3 NCAA championships, where she had an average supporting cast, get my vote, as well as Geno’s.

Diana Taurasi won her first NCAA title with TASS - Tamika Williams, Asjha Jones, Swin Cash, and Sue Bird - all of whom were taken among the top six players in the WNBA draft (three of whom have gold medals at both the World Championships and the Olympics).

When that class graduated, Taurasi led a group of freshmen (specifically, Barbara Turner, Wilnett Crockett, and Ann Strother) to the 2003 title. And after the top players in the 2003 high school class went elsewhere, Taurasi still led the team to the 2004 title.

Put it this way:

• Cynthia Cooper won two NCAA titles playing next to Cheryl Miller, considered one of the greatest players of all time. During Cooper's tenure at USC, Miller was the Naismith POY three times and was the Final Four MOP for both titles. Also on the 1983 and 1984 NCAA Championship teams were Pam McGee (1984 Olympian and All-American) and Paula McGee (1982 and 1983 All-American).

• For her last two titles, Diana Taurasi had Maria Conlon starting in the backcourt next to her, plus major minutes being played by Morgan Valley and Ashley Valley, who were not in the same straosphere as the college teammates that Cooper had (no disrespect intended to Conlon and the Valleys).

I am curious to hear what @ucbart , @CocoHusky , and @EricLA have to say and what they think about this topic.

Reaction Score
Stewie's body or skills are not typical so why on earth should we expect her to move or play like a typical player? I think she is doing fine with what she has.

CL82

Reaction Score
@plastic , I wanted to respond to your post and present some information:
  • 3X WNBA MVP
  • 2X WNBA scoring champion
  • 3X Defensive POY
  • 5X All-WNBA First Team
  • 2X All-WNBA Second Team
Those were some of the numbers of Sheryl Swoopes, Cooper's teammate for all four of her seasons in Houston. Swoopes made the All-WNBA First Team in 1998, 1999, and 2000 (plus two other times); those three years were years in which the Houston Comets won the WNBA title.

And in 2000 - the last WNBA title for Houston - Swoopes won the scoring title, WNBA MVP, and DPOY award. While Cooper may have won the Finals MVP, the best player in the league that year was Sheryl Swoopes.

And just so we are clear:

• 3X All-WNBA First Team
  • 4X All-WNBA Second Team
  • WNBA All-Star Game MVP

Those are some of the numbers for Tina Thompson, Cooper's teammate for all four of her seasons in Houston. Thompson made the All-WNBA First Team in 1997 and 1998 (plus another year) and the All-WNBA Second Team in 1999 and 2000 (plus two more times). Houston won its four titles while Thompson was either All-WNBA First Team or Second Team. As an aside, Thompson was also the WNBA All-Star Game MVP in 2000.

Now, Cooper was an amazing player. Absolutely incredible. But it should be noted that Cooper never won a title without having another All-WNBA First Team honoree as a teammate - and in 1998, she had two All-WNBA First Team honorees as teammates. In two other seasons (1999 and 2000), she had both ll-WNBA First Team and All-WNBA Team honorees as teammates.

At no point in the WNBA has Taurasi ever played with that collective amount of talent in the same year.

@Wally East , I wanted to add a few counterpoints to your argument about player comparison.

First, the WNBA is a MUCH deeper league in terms of talent than it was back in 1997-2000.

Heck, in 1997 and 1998, most of the world's best players were not even playing in the WNBA, but were in the ABL - Katie Smith, Shannon Johnson, Yolanda Griffith, Natalie Williams, DeLisha Milton, Jennifer Azzi, Tonya Edward, Tari Phillips, Dawn Staley, Taj McWilliams-Franklin, etc.

Second, while you are using Cooper's three-point percentage, consider this. From 1997-2000 - Cynthia Cooper's heyday - the three-point line was 19 feet, 9 inches. In 2004 - Diana Taurasi's rookie season - the three-point line was moved to 20 feet, 6-1/4 inches from the basket (9-1/4 inches farther). And in 2012, the three-point arc was moved again to 22 feet, 1 3/4 inches (matching the distance used in international competition).

When Cooper was shooting her threes at the same age as Taurasi, she was shooting them from 19-9. At the same age, Taurasi is shooting them from 22-1.75. That makes a huge difference, when comparing percentages.

As I said earlier, Cooper was an amazing player. She should be on the Mount Rushmore of the WNBA. But when examining Cooper vs. Taurasi, simply comparing statistics at respective ages does not give a full measure of performance.

Diana Taurasi won her first NCAA title with TASS - Tamika Williams, Asjha Jones, Swin Cash, and Sue Bird - all of whom were taken among the top six players in the WNBA draft (three of whom have gold medals at both the World Championships and the Olympics).

When that class graduated, Taurasi led a group of freshmen (specifically, Barbara Turner, Wilnett Crockett, and Ann Strother) to the 2003 title. And after the top players in the 2003 high school class went elsewhere, Taurasi still led the team to the 2004 title.

Put it this way:

• Cynthia Cooper won two NCAA titles playing next to Cheryl Miller, considered one of the greatest players of all time. During Cooper's tenure at USC, Miller was the Naismith POY three times and was the Final Four MOP for both titles. Also on the 1983 and 1984 NCAA Championship teams were Pam McGee (1984 Olympian and All-American) and Paula McGee (1982 and 1983 All-American).

• For her last two titles, Diana Taurasi had Maria Conlon starting in the backcourt next to her, plus major minutes being played by Morgan Valley and Ashley Valley, who were not in the same straosphere as the college teammates that Cooper had (no disrespect intended to Conlon and the Valleys).

I am curious to hear what @ucbart , @CocoHusky , and @EricLA have to say and what they think about this topic.
Nice post.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
@plastic
Personally I am torn if the choice came down to Coop or DT but I would choose DT. The singular distinction for me is the team that DT dragged to the 2004 championship.
In the interest of getting back onto the topic that @DavidinNaples started, there really should be an argument not since this 2014 article.

"Watch this," Geno Auriemma said to Diana Taurasi at the U.S. national team training camp last October. Nineteen-year-old Breanna Stewart was receiving a pass at the top of the key during a scrimmage. Taurasi, a three-time Olympic gold medalist, was on the sideline with her former coach as Stewart drained the three-point attempt. "She makes every open shot," Auriemma said.
Auriemma has coached 14 All-Americans, including Taurasi, Maya Moore and Rebecca Lobo. "We've had some of the greatest players ever in college basketball, but never anyone who had the God-given things that Stewie has," the Connecticut head coach said of his star sophomore.

UConn's Breanna Stewart may be the best ever.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

What was it Geno said about Maria, she may be short, but she's slow. Anyway, you are on your game Cam, you really know how to write an epistle! Great read.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Stewie's body or skills are not typical so why on earth should we expect her to move or play like a typical player? I think she is doing fine with what she has.

Who said we do??? She's a nonpareil. As Sue said the other week, a once in a generation player, so Sue stuck around and the rest is history.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Personally I am torn if the choice came down to Coop or DT but I would choose DT. The singular distinction for me is the team that DT dragged to the 2004 championship.
In the interest of getting back onto the topic that @DavidinNaples started, there really should be an argument not since this 2014 article.

"Watch this," Geno Auriemma said to Diana Taurasi at the U.S. national team training camp last October. Nineteen-year-old Breanna Stewart was receiving a pass at the top of the key during a scrimmage. Taurasi, a three-time Olympic gold medalist, was on the sideline with her former coach as Stewart drained the three-point attempt. "She makes every open shot," Auriemma said.
Auriemma has coached 14 All-Americans, including Taurasi, Maya Moore and Rebecca Lobo. "We've had some of the greatest players ever in college basketball, but never anyone who had the God-given things that Stewie has," the Connecticut head coach said of his star sophomore.

UConn's Breanna Stewart may be the best ever.

Nice read but be careful. The word 'Goofy' appears all over the place. :oops:

Wally East

Reaction Score
<Very compelling points left out for the sake of brevity>

The point about differing competition is a good one, as is the distance of the three-point shot.

At this point, I do feel the need to point to the similar numbers for Cooper:
The four straight WNBA Finals MVP awards has a sort-of familiar ring to it but I can't quite place it. Maybe Stewie could help? :)

She was the first WNBA player to be inducted in the Basketball HOF, apparently.

Cooper was better than Swoopes two of the four years they played together, about the same one year, and not quite as good as one year (2000, the year of Swoopes's first MVP award).
As for D, she had a 1st team All-WNBA teammate three out of three times she won a title: Penny Taylor, Cappie Pondexter, and Brittney Griner.

ETA: Just wanted to point out that when expanding from 8 teams to 13 teams, it becomes less likely for a player to have a 1st-team All-WNBA teammate. There are simply more options for voters.

Despite this, I'm not positive who is better. I mean, I *know* that Stewie was better than D in terms of their UConn careers but that's an easy thing to deal with :p

And now I really, REALLY need to stop procrastinating :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The point about differing competition is a good one, as is the distance of the three-point shot.

At this point, I do feel the need to point to the similar numbers for Cooper:
The four straight WNBA Finals MVP awards has a sort-of familiar ring to it but I can't quite place it. Maybe Stewie could help? :)

She was the first WNBA player to be inducted in the Basketball HOF, apparently.

Cooper was better than Swoopes two of the four years they played together, about the same one year, and not quite as good as one year (2000, the year of Swoopes's first MVP award).
As for D, she had a 1st team All-WNBA teammate three out of three times she won a title: Penny Taylor, Cappie Pondexter, and Brittney Griner.

ETA: Just wanted to point out that when expanding from 8 teams to 13 teams, it becomes less likely for a player to have a 1st-team All-WNBA teammate. There are simply more options for voters.

Despite this, I'm not positive who is better. I mean, I *know* that Stewie was better than D in terms of their UConn careers but that's an easy thing to deal with :p

And now I really, REALLY need to stop procrastinating :)
Cooper didn't have to play against players like Lauren Jackson, and some of the other stars, who came after. The game changed when Lauren arrived, leading to players like Candace, Maya, Edd, Stewie, and DT is still relevant.

Wally East

Reaction Score
Cooper didn't have to play against players like Lauren Jackson, and some of the other stars, who came after. The game changed when Lauren arrived, leading to players like Candace, Maya, Edd, Stewie, and DT is still relevant.

Okay. How did the game change such that it would've made Cooper's skills have less of an impact on a game than DT's?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
On the 'goofy'/'gangly' issue, please note my picture on the left which dates to around the time of the original 'goofy' comment. Stewart is an incredible basketball player, but she often has her very long limbs going in strange directions - which makes both gangly and goofy apt descriptions especially when looking at still pictures of her in action. She is also an incredibly poised, intelligent, and attractive person. I do not find anything derogatory in any of the above and I doubt she does either.

Interesting questions re DT and Stewart and Maya - Maya has as many/more championships in the US than either DT or Stewart and all three are the kind of players who you build teams around. And Sue is another one of those players by the way. PG is not as much of a 'glory' position but two NCAAs and three WNBA championships as well as all sorts of records for the US national team is a solid calling card.

Reaction Score
Who said we do??? She's a nonpareil. As Sue said the other week, a once in a generation player, so Sue stuck around and the rest is history.
Thought I read some posts about her looking goofy... or something like that. Maybe I am mistaken. Anyways.... Stewie rocks. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom