Stewie, Kiah, and Bria Getting Ready To Tip In EuroLeague NOW (1/30/19 11:30am) | The Boneyard

Stewie, Kiah, and Bria Getting Ready To Tip In EuroLeague NOW (1/30/19 11:30am)

Reaction Score
Thanks @JavaMan, you've rescued me from some boring work on the house. :D

Gotta say, I love the Turkish fans for this game. So much more enjoyable than the usual Euro airhorns!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kiah Stokes has really up'ed her game. She now plays with the intensity that Geno had hoped for when she was a Huskie.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Great find. Stewie continues to be the best player on the planet. :D

15 pts midway through Q2 on a barrage of three's.

Reaction Score
After trailing by 7, Stewie and Co. lead Kiah, Bria, and Co. at the half 33-28. Stewie is being Stewie--diashing, blocking, and scoring.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kiah Stokes has really up'ed her game. She now plays with the intensity that Geno had hoped for when she was a Huskie.

Better late than never. I've been waiting for this day since her freshman year at UConn. I've been a BIG Kiah Stokes fan and supporter from day 1. If she has in fact upped her game, this is the best news her fans could hope for.

Hopefully she can sustain it, and bring it back to the states with her during the summer. Kiah has the ability to post a double double every night for the Liberty. 10 points and 10 rebounds should be easy for her at this point.
I refuse to believe she can't get 5 points and 5 rebounds per half.

I've seen Kiah get 3 rebounds in 90 seconds. The 2019 season will her 5th year in the league. Kiah will be 26 years old (born 3/30/93) when league play begins in May. She's been playing professionally for 5 years. She is a "seasoned" veteran now.

Thanks JavaMan. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Better late than never. I've been waiting for this day since her freshman year at UConn. I've been a BIG Kiah Stokes fan and supporter from day 1. If she has in fact upped her game, this is the best news her fans could hope for.

Hopefully she can sustain it, and bring it back to the states with her during the summer. Kiah has the ability to post a double double every night for the Liberty. 10 points and 10 rebounds should be easy for her at this point. The 2019 season will her 5th year in the league. Kiah will be 26 years old (born 3/30/93) when league play begins in May. She's been playing professionally for 5 years. She is a "seasoned" veteran now.

Thanks Javaman. :cool:
I second everything you said. Also, I remember when Kiah was a senior and folks were questioning if/where Kiah would go in the draft. One that never doubted was Rebecca Lobo, who said more than once on national TV that Kiah could have a long WNBA career.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Thanks for the luxury of the link to world-class basketball with no foolishness from announcers.

although the continuous crowd chants give me a headache. Still, FENE fought hard to the end.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
and while I did not see the game live, our biggest sniper ever KML just torched the TTT-RIGA of Euroleague (7-7 from 3pt range) and 10-11 overall. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

1548878827839.png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Every time I see one of these games I think the WNBA teams have to adopt the European/Asian model of sponsored clubs. $ to pay these world class athletes what the are worth from happy sponsors, be they governments or private companies. They sure aren't doing it with fannies in the seats.

arch

Reaction Score
Every time I see one of these games I think the WNBA teams have to adopt the European/Asian model of sponsored clubs. $ to pay these world class athletes what the are worth from happy sponsors, be they governments or private companies. They sure aren't doing it with fannies in the seats.

Haven’t they?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Haven’t they?

Poorly worded post on my part. Euro league attendance is low, low. Lots of those tickets are free. Companies and oligarchs throw $$ at the leagues and their teams/players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom