Stewie is on fire! | The Boneyard

Stewie is on fire!

Reaction Score
They should have let her get the record! Opportunities like this don’t come along very often. Some will cry sportsmanship, others potential injury, but I disagree! She is one of the greats of all time, one of the faces of the league, and (unlike the current holder of the record) a class individual of whom the league can be proud! What were they thinking? She likely would have still been able to sit for the final 8 minutes or so, if that was the intent.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
They should have let her get the record! Opportunities like this don’t come along very often. Some will cry sportsmanship, others potential injury, but I disagree! She is one of the greats of all time, one of the faces of the league, and (unlike the current holder of the record) a class individual of whom the league can be proud! What were they thinking? She likely would have still been able to sit for the final 8 minutes or so, if that was the intent.

For the guy on the General women's board claiming that the Liberty had too many "egos", let this be exhibit A as to that NOT being the case.

Reaction Score
Stewie has never been about individual records, only winning championships.
The other thing she goes for is build the brand.
Make it better for those coming after you.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
When Stewart sat out most of the fourth quarter, the Liberty looked mediocre at best. Ionescu was a turnover machine. I don't see the Liberty playing better than .500 ball unless Stewart's supporting cast steps it up.

Look at the Mercury. Despite a great game from BG, they still managed to lose their first two games.

Reaction Score
When Stewart sat out most of the fourth quarter, the Liberty looked mediocre at best. Ionescu was a turnover machine. I don't see the Liberty playing better than .500 ball unless Stewart's supporting cast steps it up.

Look at the Mercury. Despite a great game from BG, they still managed to lose their first two games.
JJ is still getting back in game shape, she was limited in training camp. Sloot will be better by Saturday.
Everyone needs to be patient, players need to know where each person needs the ball.
WNBA training camps are too short, not enough time to get used to each other.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Some of Stewie's shots yesterday were of the DT "how'd she do that" ilk. Just amazing. This is gonna be a wild season.

Reaction Score

The Mercury looked old and slow. They should have shot a a good draft pick though.

Reaction Score
Very impressive game for sure. I really appreciate when a player gets a lot of points within the game plan. Some many times players are celebrated for 50 points but they shot 36 times to get it. I agree with others that Stewie is the engine that makes the Liberty go and to beat LV she will need others to help.

The real question to me is how will having a couple of dominant teams impact the viewership of the league?

Reaction Score
Very impressive game for sure. I really appreciate when a player gets a lot of points within the game plan. Some many times players are celebrated for 50 points but they shot 36 times to get it. I agree with others that Stewie is the engine that makes the Liberty go and to beat LV she will need others to help.

The real question to me is how will having a couple of dominant teams impact the viewership of the league?
I was able to attend the game at Barclays. Stewart spoke to the crowd both before and after the game, and each time she thanked the crowd for coming, and was asking that fans show up all season long. Beyond her impressive on court displays, she seems adamant about growing the fan base of the franchise, and the WNBA this season.

I think the dominant teams will bring intrigue to the league, especially if we see a NYL vs Vegas playoff series. That would likely be the highest level on court product the W has ever put out. But I’m noticing the unequal distribution of talent this season is producing some lopsided results.

I think for this year the super teams are good, and will bring eyeballs to the league. But whenever expansion happens, there needs to be more equal distribution. Otherwise we’ll have 4+ teams that never win.

It’s just perplexing to me that despite all of these crazy roster cuts, you still have so many players that struggle to be effective in the league. Look at Phoenix. Outside of DT and Griner nobody seems capable of scoring at all. Same with Seattle outside of Loyd and Magbegor. Distributing the top tier talent will trickle down, evening out matchups among those role players.

Reaction Score
Stewie with 29 at the half and Boston has 12 at the half for Indiana.
The Fever doesn't have a clue on how to guard Stewie. But then, who does ?

ED did a pretty good job on her Friday.

Reaction Score
For the guy on the General women's board claiming that the Liberty had too many "egos", let this be exhibit A as to that NOT being the case.
Keep in mind that they were playing Indiana.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom