eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I wonder was the Aces will do for Wilson

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Who has the better numbers?
Numbers may be irrelevant without team success. Wilson has lead the Aces to second place. But the sleeper is, yes it is, Candace Parker who has the Sky in first place. Interestingly all three teams have split their games. I believe they play each other one more regular season game. Yeah, Candace is going out on top! :eek:;):rolleyes:

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
My implication was there is some heavy cherry picking of stats.
I don’t think there was heavy cherry picking, though perhaps that is not what you meant. The only glaring omission was offensive win shares, which is surprising considering her ppg suggests she may be top ten. I don’t think you can call the omissions of assists and 3 pt % for a forward cherry picking.

Though perhaps you mean lack of context? I imagine Wilson is higher in blocks and rebounds, but the most important stats to me are the PER, efficiency and win shares. Unless Stewart’s offensive win shares are putrid and Wilson is top two or three for all of them, I don’t think my biased mind would be changed.

Reaction Score
Numbers may be irrelevant without team success. Wilson has lead the Aces to second place. But the sleeper is, yes it is, Candace Parker who has the Sky in first place. Interestingly all three teams have split their games. I believe they play each other one more regular season game. Yeah, Candace is going out on top! :eek:;):rolleyes:
I wouldn’t mind letting her swan song be MVP. She is one of the greats in modern times.

Reaction Score
Vegas best Chicago tonight.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t mind letting her swan song be MVP. She is one of the greats in modern times.
I would.
I dislike her immensely. I recognize she is great. But unless her team's record is quite a few games ahead of Stewart and Wilson (inlcuing taking into account injured time), I hope they don't give it to her, especially if it is only because of swan song and not deserving that she is MVP.

In regards to Stewarts vs the other 2: Stewart leads in nearly all the Advanced stats.
EFG%, PER, Offensive Win Shares, Defensive Win Shares, Total Win Shares, Win Shares per 48, Offensive Rating, Defensive Rating, Turnover %, Steal %, Usage %, Scoring average per 36 minutes/per 100 possessions, and Assist-to-Turnover ratio.

I wonder how often a player ahead of the the other 2 players in terms of MVP competition has had this many advantages over both in terms of Advanced Stats, yet didn't win MVP in the modern era?

Bottmline in looking at the stats of Stewart vs Parker, Stewart has the ball in her hands more (USG %), shoots more efficiently, scores more, takes care of the ball more efficiently, and is a better defender. So why would we ignore all this? Why not assume that probably Parker's teammates and/or coaching is better? Just because the league feels sorry and wants to give her a Good-Bye hug?

A Goodbye-Hug shouldn't trump end of season performance awards. Please. . . We all know she is super great. You don't need to water down the MVP award. She doesn't need this type of sympathy. Her accomplishments are already stand-alone great.

Reaction Score
It’s the most VALUABLE player, not player with best stats. Think of Storm without Stewie versus Aces without Aja. No contest. Stewie by far most valuable. Parker not in the discussion. Wonder how the Lynx maychave fared if Pheesa played all year. Get the idea?

Reaction Score
It’s the most VALUABLE player, not player with best stats. Think of Storm without Stewie versus Aces without Aja. No contest. Stewie by far most valuable. Parker not in the discussion. Wonder how the Lynx maychave fared if Pheesa played all year. Get the idea?
I think we're on the same page. Are we?

The stats are showing the same thing you are saying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom