Stewart was Dolson last night | The Boneyard

Stewart was Dolson last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Breanna's role is changing. May cost her POY.
But wth, we'll get another NC for it.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I said that to my wife last night as we watched the game.

Stewie is channeling her "inner Dolson."

Is purple hair next?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Stewie wanted that record (or tie) for K last night. I think she is channeling her "for the greater good" tendencies in order to help her team grow. She knows she can get the points if she needs or wants to. By the time she graduates, I think Geno will say she is a complete all-around player, much more than a shooter. And his compliments like that don't come too often (see his comments about KML's total game in yesterday's presser).

Reaction Score
Breanna's role is changing. May cost her POY.
But wth, we'll get another NC for it.

It was one game... Also it was a blow out and Geno decide to let the bench get extended minutes. Breanna didn't really get a chance to get "her shots" in the second half.

Re Dolson: I find it interest how the Legend of Stephanie Dolson continues to grow. Yes she was decent passer (good for a post player), but I think folks are starting to make it out to be better then it was... For her career, she had 378 assist and 358 turnovers. Yes her senior year she had (135 assist 3rd on the team), but she also had 103 turnovers (20 more then anyone else). Her 358 turnovers rank 5th time behind Abrosimova (428), Weideman (416), Rizzotti (407), and Hartley (367). Yup, lots of pretty passes for buckets... but she also threw the ball away a lot...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It was one game... Also it was a blow out and Geno decide to let the bench get extended minutes. Breanna didn't really get a chance to get "her shots" in the second half.

Re Dolson: I find it interest how the Legend of Stephanie Dolson continues to grow. Yes she was decent passer (good for a post player), but I think folks are starting to make it out to be better then it was... For her career, she had 378 assist and 358 turnovers. Yes her senior year she had (135 assist 3rd on the team), but she also had 103 turnovers (20 more then anyone else). Her 358 turnovers rank 5th time behind Abrosimova (428), Weideman (416), Rizzotti (407), and Hartley (367). Yup, lots of pretty passes for buckets... but she also threw the ball away a lot...
About half of her turnovers were not on passes at all but on offensive fouls (mostly moving screens!) She seemed to get called for a few almost every game.

Agree about it being just one game, but what impressed me most was she was making really good passes where for most of the YTD she has made a bunch of pretty poor passing decisions (she is not alone in that!) This was I think one of the best passing games all around for Uconn this year - only a few really stupid passes made during the first 25 minutes of the game - it deteriorated in the last 15 with the bench but there just weren't those 'why did that pass get thrown, what could she possibly be thinking' kind of passes that crop up in most of the games.

Reaction Score
Anybody see this as Geno being crazy like a fox? You wanna spend your time body slammin' Stewie and shutting down KML? Fine but you're still gonna lose by 25+. Who you got that's gonna slow down MoJeff, Tuck, and Nurse?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Though I want to see Kaleena get 400 threes and several Huskies make AA, the more important thing is team play. Any half in which we have about 4 TOs and shoot about 68% is a very good half. It doesn't matter who is doing the scoring.

I remember some games when Michael Jordan was Magic Johnson, some when he was Babe Ruth, and some when he was Dr. J. And the Bulls always won.

Reaction Score

Who the heck is Weideman? Obviously it has to be someone in the very early days of Geno or maybe even before but she had to get a lot of minutes in order to have that many turnovers.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
"About half of her turnovers were not on passes at all but on offensive fouls (mostly moving screens!) She seemed to get called for a few almost every game."

Geno commented when Dolson was getting called for screen fouls that often appeared based more on her size than on her actions, or even just crossing her arms to protect from the imminent impact, something like "they should just start her with three fouls and be done with it." Dolson could anticipate, had great footwork, and was willing to take the bruises for something that, as they say, doesn't show up in the box score. In fact, it can only be a negative stat: no credit for succeeding, and a foul if you fail Only the boneyarders know the real score here: She made her teammates better.

Reaction Score
I thought too that Stewie was playing the central ball control position many times as Stephanie did ... it opened up multiple possibilities for others on the team to score ... Stewie as a floor general? ... seemed to work quite well ... hidden team dynamics ...

Reaction Score
"About half of her turnovers were not on passes at all but on offensive fouls (mostly moving screens!) She seemed to get called for a few almost every game."

Geno commented when Dolson was getting called for screen fouls that often appeared based more on her size than on her actions, or even just crossing her arms to protect from the imminent impact, something like "they should just start her with three fouls and be done with it." Dolson could anticipate, had great footwork, and was willing to take the bruises for something that, as they say, doesn't show up in the box score. In fact, it can only be a negative stat: no credit for succeeding, and a foul if you fail Only the boneyarders know the real score here: She made her teammates better.
Ahhhh... Dolson more often revered for her personality rather than performance, I loved both. Not given enough credit among the stars she made shine ala Jamelle Elliott...

Reaction Score
Who the heck is Weideman? Obviously it has to be someone in the very early days of Geno or maybe even before but she had to get a lot of minutes in order to have that many turnovers.

Jen Weideman 1984-1987

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Stewie wanted that record (or tie) for K last night. I think she is channeling her "for the greater good" tendencies in order to help her team grow. She knows she can get the points if she needs or wants to. By the time she graduates, I think Geno will say she is a complete all-around player, much more than a shooter. And his compliments like that don't come too often (see his comments about KML's total game in yesterday's presser).

If you saw Stewie's moments in the Geno Show last night your opinion of her as being a deep thinker, sly boots kidder would be reinforced. The individual awards mean nothing to her, other than the personal reward of accomplishing what she came to CT to do: 4 National Championships please (and a double order of fries handed to me by DT!). Seriously, if you recall, we learned in the Nat'l Championship telecast that she did not tell her parents that she won NPOY and they were POed that they were not there for the award!

Reaction Score
Agree 100%. Now not to disagree here but I think Geno and the coaching staff had a get this disrupting crap over with game plan. She was fed the ball at every opportunity and took 19 shots in twenty minutes. The record tied, it will happen soon. 7 for 19 from the floor over all.
Having said that she went 3 for 8 on threes while MO was 4 for 4, Nurse 3 for 3 and Ekmark 2 for 3. The record thing has obviously been pressure on her and the team. Not the record this team strives for, that only comes from being the team that cuts down the nets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom