Stewart Tall on Talent Short on Ego | The Boneyard

Stewart Tall on Talent Short on Ego

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do you need an account to read them? Do people actually create accounts just to read something?

This article [http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...tewart-uconn-women-20141111-story.html#page=1] really is a great read. I just finished reading it ...even though I also got the pop-up dialog box about needing an account to read it.

We have the same type of pop-up in our local paper. This process is used for papers that charge for content. So actually, your account, once created (with payment) is a subscription to their paper ...even the online version. Since I don't live near there, I choose not to subscribe.

So here's how I read it: when the pop-up appears in the middle of the page, and the page with the content is dimmed in the background, I leave everything as is, but, slowly scroll the visible section of the dimmed out page that is visible under the pop-up box. Once you get the hang of it, you learn to scroll through and read the entire story.

BTW, this story about Stewie is definitely worth the read. Enjoy!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This article [http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...tewart-uconn-women-20141111-story.html#page=1] really is a great read. I just finished reading it ...even though I also got the pop-up dialog box about needing an account to read it.

We have the same type of pop-up in our local paper. This process is used for papers that charge for content. So actually, your account, once created (with payment) is a subscription to their paper ...even the online version. Since I don't live near there, I choose not to subscribe.

So here's how I read it: when the pop-up appears in the middle of the page, and the page with the content is dimmed in the background, I leave everything as is, but, slowly scroll the visible section of the dimmed out page that is visible under the pop-up box. Once you get the hang of it, you learn to scroll through and read the entire story.

BTW, this story about Stewie is definitely worth the read. Enjoy!
I live in FL (and CT) so was able to use my FL address to sign up on line and because it is not in the subscription area for the hard copy version the on-line subscription is in fact free.

Reaction Score
Carl : Stewart looks to Reach Higher Level: http://snyuconn.com/uconn/huskies-stewart-looks-to-reach-even-higher-level/

Post it here, instead of creating new thread. Good REad

My favorite Stewie quote from the above article:

“Obviously, teams are going to do whatever they can defensively to try and stop me, whether it’s physically or double-teaming me,” Stewart said. “But just being able to have so many weapons … If I have more weapons then you have defensively then, ‘Sorry, you lost.’

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart, glamour girl:

850x478

800x450

Sorry, couldn't resist. We don't usually get to see Stewie all glammed up. There are great family pictures in the article with Stewie as a young kid. It's a really nice piece.

Reaction Score
I live in FL (and CT) so was able to use my FL address to sign up on line and because it is not in the subscription area for the hard copy version the on-line subscription is in fact free.

Cool! Thanks.

Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart, glamour girl:

850x478

800x450

Sorry, couldn't resist. We don't usually get to see Stewie all glammed up. There are great family pictures in the article with Stewie as a young kid. It's a really nice piece.

WOW , I knew you are cute, but glammed up beautiful .

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
My favorite Stewie quote from the above article:

“Obviously, teams are going to do whatever they can defensively to try and stop me, whether it’s physically or double-teaming me,” Stewart said. “But just being able to have so many weapons … If I have more weapons then you have defensively then, ‘Sorry, you lost.’

I agree.

Actually I think the OP is wrong about the ego thing. I think Stewie has a very big ego, but she was raised right and is well grounded, very well controlled in her dealings with press and public and humble about her gifts.

Reaction Score
I agree.

Actually I think the OP is wrong about the ego thing. I think Stewie has a very big ego, but she was raised right and is well grounded, very well controlled in her dealings with press and public and humble about her gifts.

Point well taken, Rock- I think in order to be truly great, to be singularly successful at anything in life, you must have an enormous ego, self-confidence and an unshakable belief in your ability. Stewie has that. What she does not have, to her credit, is the disgusting hubris, conceit and arrogance that so often accompanies such special talent.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Having an ego does not necessarily mean that one is egotistical.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Having an ego does not necessarily mean that one is egotistical.

Id, ego and super-ego are the three parts of the psychic apparatus defined in Sigmund Freud's structural model of the psyche; they are the three theoretical constructs in terms of whose activity and interaction mental life is described. According to this model of the psyche, the id is the set of uncoordinated instinctual trends; the super-ego plays the critical and moralizing role; and the ego is the organized, realistic part that mediates between the desires of the id and the super-ego.[1] The super-ego can stop you from doing certain things that your id may want you to do.[2]

So many pro athletes are close to being all Id...along with those who think the world needs to see their bare ass today! KKK is a good example. Could not stand having Nikki M upstaging her, so this month she's going full frontal in some fashion rag.

Hubris is too big a word to describe their antics.
The Naked Ape should be required reading in our schools. We are barely out of the trees and "popular culture" is heading us back up on those branches at a rapid pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom