Stewart MVP | The Boneyard

Stewart MVP

Reaction Score
Sorry, not good at posting links w cell phone. In the labarynth of the FIBA site.

First Team

Breanna MVP

Rest of team

Wilson
Sandrine Gruda
Machita
Meeseman

Wilson, no Greiner???

Reaction Score
TOKYO (Japan) - Breanna Stewart cemented her reputation as one of the world's finest as she landed MVP honors to headline the All-Star Five of the Women's Olympic Basketball Tournament in Tokyo.

All-Star Five : Rui Machida, A'ja Wilson, Sandrine Gruda, , Emma Meesseman.

Reaction Score
Sorry, not good at posting links w cell phone. In the labarynth of the FIBA site.

First Team

Breanna MVP

Rest of team

Wilson
Sandrine Gruda
Machita
Meeseman

Wilson, no Greiner???
Ratings are used for the entire games, and Stewie 3rd, Wilson 4th, Griner 5th, max 2 from one team.

Reaction Score
Maximum two from one team doesn't make sense. Britney should be on the first team.

Reaction Score
She is good but someone is better. I already know what other people will say.

Reaction Score
From what I saw, Britney Greiner was the most dominant player and was the biggest "difference maker" in the tournament

Reaction Score
I don't disagree, but it's the same in the World Championships with Fiba.
Who cares if it doesn't make sense. Have you read The Lottery by Shirley Jackson? It's all about traditions that don't make any sense, but we keep on celebrating them.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I posted in another thread - Stewie, Sue, A'ja and Brit all were tremendous. I agree with Stewie as the MVP, but I would argue that Sue was the MIP (Most Important Player). While Chelsea, and anyone else who ran the 1 for the team, was solid for the most part, watching the best PG of all time do whatever the team needed was absolutely incredible.

People kept talking (before the start of the games) about Sue being over the hill, losing a step, etc., but her defense was really good, her decision making and passing (for the most part) was incredible. She found her shooting touch after a slow start, and seriously looked like she could continue on forever. So proud of her, and the entire team for that matter.

Reaction Score
I posted in another thread - Stewie, Sue, A'ja and Brit all were tremendous. I agree with Stewie as the MVP, but I would argue that Sue was the MIP (Most Important Player). While Chelsea, and anyone else who ran the 1 for the team, was solid for the most part, watching the best PG of all time do whatever the team needed was absolutely incredible.

People kept talking (before the start of the games) about Sue being over the hill, losing a step, etc., but her defense was really good, her decision making and passing (for the most part) was incredible. She found her shooting touch after a slow start, and seriously looked like she could continue on forever. So proud of her, and the entire team for that matter.
Agree with your post though MVP could have gone to at least 4 different players - tough call for sure

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Who cares if it doesn't make sense. Have you read The Lottery by Shirley Jackson? It's all about traditions that don't make any sense, but we keep on celebrating them.
Yeah, I loved The Lottery when I read it as a kid, but I am having trouble seeing the analogy.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah, I loved The Lottery when I read it as a kid, but I am having trouble seeing the analogy.
I get it now! In middle school I had to watch that short film they made of "The Lottery" a few times and it always gave me nightmares. Love of human sacrifice explains so much!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
From what I saw, Britney Greiner was the most dominant player and was the biggest "difference maker" in the tournament
She played so well, I felt good for her. I caught the Sun's home opener in person and she did not look right. I was actually wondering if she was near the end. I can't say that now. She looked like a force for years to come.

CL82

Reaction Score
I get it now! In middle school I had to watch that short film they made of "The Lottery" a few times and it always gave me nightmares. Love of human sacrifice explains so much!
Mmm, I don't think that is the message most would take from it. Try reading the short story instead of watching the movie. It's short and the vocabulary isn't particularly challenging. I'm sure you can work your way through it. I'm sure there are article on line that help you to understand all that the author does in in, if you are struggling with it.

Reaction Score
Agreed, Brenna the best all round team player. Griner the most dominent!

Reaction Score
The tradition of doing something because it's always been done. Just because it's been only two players from one team doesn't make it right, but they keep on doing it. Whoever is best should be on the final team.

CL82

Reaction Score
The tradition of doing something because it's always been done. Just because it's been only two players from one team doesn't make it right, but they keep on doing it. Whoever is best should be on the final team.
Got it. I think I The Lottery more as situational ethics. Hutchinson is all in on the Lottery until she loses. I also think of it as an example of group repercussion and intensification. No one in the village would kill individually but collectively they have no problem with it. The dynamic of group action nullifies personal responsibility. We've seen a lot of than over the last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom