Steven Krajewski | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Steven Krajewski

Reaction Score
Steve is no statue. He was much more mobile than Z. Why we were trying to force an offense with a pocket passer as it's focal point is mind numbing given our deficiency on the OL.
What I found interesting, was a quote from Edsall about the quarterback's decision to start Mike over Steven ahead of the Wagner game.

“It was really a tough decision,” the coach said. “Steven did a lot of good things, but Michael just did a few more things a little bit better.

“That’s one of the factors that you consider, but there are a lot of other factors that went into it as well, in terms of stuff people don’t see,” Edsall said. “How do they command a huddle? How do they command the operation of the offense? It’s not just completion percentage, not just number of interceptions thrown or how many sacks they might take. It was a lot of things, a lot of elements that went into making the decision.”

What strikes me is how he states that it's not about the completion percentage or number of interceptions thrown or the number of sacks they take which leads me to think he was just going to play his favorite player regardless of skill. In the article, he says there were a few things Mike did better but against Illinois the following week, he starts Jack. Z over Steven K which is mind-blowing because we were led to believe the position battle was between Mike and Steven. We all know he was never going to give Steven the reigns because he did not have the "IT" factor which I am still trying to figure out what that "IT" factor was.

Reaction Score
Steve is no statue. He was much more mobile than Z. Why we were trying to force an offense with a pocket passer as it's focal point is mind numbing given our deficiency on the OL.
Steve has an live arm. He’s no RPO QB. He has a slow release which boggles my mind how that wasn’t worked on. With no time behind a crappy line means no bueno for him.

Reaction Score
What I found interesting, was a quote from Edsall about the quarterback's decision to start Mike over Steven ahead of the Wagner game.

“It was really a tough decision,” the coach said. “Steven did a lot of good things, but Michael just did a few more things a little bit better.

“That’s one of the factors that you consider, but there are a lot of other factors that went into it as well, in terms of stuff people don’t see,” Edsall said. “How do they command a huddle? How do they command the operation of the offense? It’s not just completion percentage, not just number of interceptions thrown or how many sacks they might take. It was a lot of things, a lot of elements that went into making the decision.”

What strikes me is how he states that it's not about the completion percentage or number of interceptions thrown or the number of sacks they take which leads me to think he was just going to play his favorite player regardless of skill. In the article, he says there were a few things Mike did better but against Illinois the following week, he starts Jack. Z over Steven K which is mind-blowing because we were led to believe the position battle was between Mike and Steven. We all know he was never going to give Steven the reigns because he did not have the "IT" factor which I am still trying to figure out what that "IT" factor was.
Agree with this 1000 percent. If you look at past articles of when Steven Krajewski commited he always said he wanted to play in lashlee offense never mentioned Randy. And unfortunately I feel that’s what determined stevens playing time

Reaction Score
Steve has an live arm. He’s no RPO QB. He has a slow release which boggles my mind how that wasn’t worked on. With no time behind a crappy line means no bueno for him.
With him he’s gonna get the job done for you on the ground if the pocket breaks down. He probably had the most over 15 yard Carys on the team. With that said I would not design runs for him unless it a catch the d off guard or short yardage. His benefit to running is on a broken down pass play

Reaction Score

that was one of his more puzzling observations. In this day of analytics, data and performance count for a lot. His other odd remark was about the transfer portal, which Mora is leveraging big time. I hope Steve rocks, but not against us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom