Steven Krajewski | The Boneyard

Steven Krajewski

Reaction Score

Coach Mora posted this on Twitter about Steven Krajewski. Looks like he has a lot of respect for him. Makes me believe it was a mutual agreement between him and Steven to enter the portal since he is graduating. I hope the kid lands somewhere because he deserves to play. He truly gave it his all the past four years and represented UConn well both on and off the field. Good luck SK8!

Reaction Score

Coach Mora posted this on Twitter about Steven Krajewski. Looks like he has a lot of respect for him. Makes me believe it was a mutual agreement between him and Steven to enter the portal since he is graduating. I hope the kid lands somewhere because he deserves to play. He truly gave it his all the past four years and represented UConn well both on and off the field. Good luck SK8!

Honestly I wish he was coming back.

Reaction Score
Tip of the cap to Jim for his support of Steve's future. I wish him nothing but success, while I also wish he would have stayed around.
A most important position to have a lot of depth. I remember Randy at Maryland having to start a LB at the QB position after the five QB's on the roster were out injured.

Reaction Score
Tip of the cap to Jim for his support of Steve's future. I wish him nothing but success, while I also wish he would have stayed around.
A most important position to have a lot of depth. I remember Randy at Maryland having to start a LB at the QB position after the five QB's on the roster were out injured.
Randy probably just started the LB at QB over the other 5.

Reaction Score
Randy totally wasted Steven Krajewski's career. There were numerous blow outs where he could have gotten Steven in the game to advance his development. Instead, he left the starter in until the late in the 4th quarter or the entire game even though the game had been completely out of reach.

Reaction Score
Randy totally wasted Steven Krajewski's career. There were numerous blow outs where he could have gotten Steven in the game to advance his development. Instead, he left the starter in until the late in the 4th quarter or the entire game even though the game had been completely out of reach.
I said that from day one. That was the first year they allowed freshmen to play four games without losing their redshirt. Edsall did not give Steven Krajewski an opportunity to practice with the ones. He chose to play Washington even though he was not as talented and had been suspended for off field violations. The only time he played Steven Krajewski was the last game of the year against Temple. He went in late in the third quarter and basically handed the ball off the entire time. Edsall dogged Steven Krajewski at practice and games. He had no QB coaching and a head coach that Ray Charles could see better talent. Yet, Krajewski stuck it out for four years and gave 100%. It’s amazing how an actual coach can see so much talent, leadership and character, in four months, than Edsall did in four years. Any player who gets offered by Coach Mora would be a fool to turn it down. That program will turn around in no time.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Mora is going to everything he can to get Steve a starting job at his next destination. This shows that Mora cares about the players even if they're transferring. He doesn't burn bridges like Edsall did with pretty much everyone. Sucks Steven Krajewski is leaving, but I think overall this might turn out to be a net positive for everyone. Steve gets the playing time he deserves, Mora gets some more positive publicity and the team dynamic gets even closer because it shows how much Mora will do for the player even if he's leaving.

Reaction Score
Impressive move by Mora. Players seeing their head coach not merely saying goodbye, but being a public and vocal advocate for their future will not go unnoticed by recruits.
If you look at the quote tweets you will see the reaction from two former players who transferred out and you can clearly see the change in the program

Reaction Score
If you look at the quote tweets you will see the reaction from two former players who transferred out and you can clearly see the change in the program

God, what a freakin overreaction. Look, is it a nice thing to try to help a player transferring out get a good landing somewhere? Yes, of course it is. Good for Mora. I mean that sincerely.

Now, imagine the conversation. “But coach, you don’t have a QB on your roster who has ever won a Division 1 football game. So what are we to assume if you and Steve have jointly decided he’s not good enough to play for you?” We now have a totally different staff, and this one — like the one before it — doesn’t think he’s good enough to start. How that doesn’t tell some of you anything beyond “Edsall is a jerk” is beyond me.

Reaction Score
God, what a freakin overreaction. Look, is it a nice thing to try to help a player transferring out get a good landing somewhere? Yes, of course it is. Good for Mora. I mean that sincerely.

Now, imagine the conversation. “But coach, you don’t have a QB on your roster who has ever won a Division 1 football game. So what are we to assume if you and Steve have jointly decided he’s not good enough to play for you?” We now have a totally different staff, and this one — like the one before it — doesn’t think he’s good enough to start. How that doesn’t tell some of you anything beyond “Edsall is a jerk” is beyond me.
Talk about over reaction.

Reaction Score

God, what a freakin overreaction...imagine the conversation with your lawyer "but businesslawyer, you don't understand relationships between people and thus you haven't won a case in any court. So what are we to assume you are good enough to represent me?" Now totally different situation, and this court, like the one before, doesn't think the lawyer is good enough to pass the bar. How doesn't that tell you anything beyond businesslawyer is a jerk is beyond me.

Reaction Score
God, what a freakin overreaction...imagine the conversation with your lawyer "but businesslawyer, you don't understand relationships between people and thus you haven't won a case in any court. So what are we to assume you are good enough to represent me?" Now totally different situation, and this court, like the one before, doesn't think the lawyer is good enough to pass the bar. How doesn't that tell you anything beyond businesslawyer is a jerk is beyond me.
Pretty sure it has nothing to do with talent. If you seen the spring game Steven is the only one who generated touchdowns. It more so has to do with offense. Steven is a pocket passer not a duel threat.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure it has nothing to do with talent. If you seen the spring game Steven is the only one who generated touchdowns. It more so has to do with offense. Steven is a pocket passer not a duel threat.
You are absolutely correct, but therein also lies another problem for Steven. Fewer and fewer college run a classic drop-back offense - and those that do tend to be power teams that can virtually guarantee a solid offensive line and receiving corps from year to year (and draw lots of 4 and 5 star quarterbacks as a result).

Reaction Score
I think Mora is making a pretty clear choice in moving to an RPO offense. With Roberson and Tyler Phommachanh there is a QB 1and QB 2/QB1 in waiting, so there is a continuity in style and capability. Personally, I hate the RPO. It’s lazy man’s football in lieu of building a great run/pass offense. But, in CFB that’s how you compensate for a lack of a good Oline and/or mediocre QB.

Reaction Score
Steve is no statue. He was much more mobile than Z. Why we were trying to force an offense with a pocket passer as it's focal point is mind numbing given our deficiency on the OL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom