Stepping Stone vs. Destination Jobs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stepping Stone vs. Destination Jobs

Reaction Score
It's not always about the Benjamins

1638287310160.jpeg

The grass is always greener

One man's trash is another man's treasure

Two Roads diverged . . .

Choice is an illusion, created between those with power, and those without. And this is the nature of the universe. We struggle against it. We fight to deny it, but it is of course pretense.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Which was my point when starting this thread. One man's dream job is another man's stepping stone. And even a dream job can become tedious and boring after a while.

All these alpha coaches need the adrenaline rush and the adventure of pursuit.
An analogy I just came up that might fit is movie directors. One can get paid doing work-for-hire Marvel movies. But if you have some money in the bank, love the craft and have already been-there done-that; one might find more satisfaction being an auteur, creating something new yourself.

Reaction Score
An analogy I just came up that might fit is movie directors. One can get paid doing work-for-hire Marvel movies. But if you have some money in the bank, love the craft and have already been-there done-that; one might find more satisfaction being an auteur, creating something new yourself.
I get it. I left the business world in my mid 40s to become a social studies teacher. Serious pay cut. Will never match my best annual salary. Best professional decision I ever made. Helps to have a VERY understanding wife.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom