Stephon Castle is Nathan Hale Incarnate | The Boneyard

Stephon Castle is Nathan Hale Incarnate

Reaction Score
No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Reaction Score
It’s scary how good he is both offensive and defensive..you can make a case for him that he is the best player on the team…but then again you can make a case for any one of the starters.. this team is so good

Reaction Score
Stephon may be the best player on the team. However, experience goes a long way too which is what make Tristen and Cam so exceptional.

I really wish Stephon would stay one more year for obvious reasons. And I'll say it. I am not a fan of one-and-done in college basketball for a lot of reasons. Granted we have been benefitting from the portal and I guess that is similar to a one-and-done situation but I don't think it's good for the sport overall.

Reaction Score
I don’t see how you look at the NBA draft this year and do not take him in the lottery. He has all the intangibles you cannot teach. The jump shot can be worked on easily.

It’s remarkable the type of kid he is. To be a McDonalds All American and come to a team to be the 5th option on offense some nights is not a role most kids take on these days. To come in as a coveted prospect and be asked to be a primary defender more than an offensive threat is not a role most kids this day in age will accept. Castle has been my favorite player to watch in a long time. Truly a team first class act player

All this has nothing to do with coaching or being an athlete either. All that comes from is having a great set of parents and values.

He will be a fantastic professional.

Reaction Score
He does this stuff quietly too. Part of it is how strong an athlete he is, good defender, and he seems to be at the right place inside the paint for rebounds, putbacks, etc.
You look at the box score and are surprised at what he put up.
9-12, 4 boards, 21 points. I have to admit that he is getter better than I thought possible. Some of this is that defensive focus by other teams has to be on Alex, Cam and Newt so he is not their primary focus. Their coach doesn’t say they have to deny him the ball the way they just did that to Cam. Gives him a bit of room to create.

Reaction Score
Stephon Castle: "My only regret is that I have but one year to give to my Huskies."
Now we need to figure out who is our Silas Deane and Roger Sherman...

Reaction Score
Stephon may be the best player on the team. However, experience goes a long way too which is what make Tristen and Cam so exceptional.

I really wish Stephon would stay one more year for obvious reasons. And I'll say it. I am not a fan of one-and-done in college basketball for a lot of reasons. Granted we have been benefitting from the portal and I guess that is similar to a one-and-done situation but I don't think it's good for the sport overall.
I agree. Stephon comes in as perhaps the most complete freshmen to play at UConn. And he’s only getting better and better - scary.

I do think one more season would be good for him for many reasons, especially if he falls out of top 10 for whatever reason. I’ve seen some projections where he does.

The fact he’s so good makes me think staying for one more season to work in his game before he goes into the NBA may help him.

We’ve seen many players leave early only to languish on the bench/ go to G league / and then eventually out of the league. One more year could help him successfully onboard to team vs sit on bench but if he goes, I understand.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Some of this is that defensive focus by other teams has to be on Alex, Cam and Newt so he is not their primary focus. Their coach doesn’t say they have to deny him the ball the way they just did that to Cam. Gives him a bit of room to create.
Tough to do that to more than one player at a time.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I think he is just beginning to hit his stride and you can see the confidence in him growing. His upside has got to be great because though only a freshman he is so mature and tough. Rare young player. Would love to see him ascend as a leader with the Huskies next year but he will know what to do when the time comes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom