2023 Recruiting: - Stephon Castle Commits to UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Stephon Castle Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i am admittedly not as knowledgable as most. He says Hurley told him that he would push him to the standard he needed to be. That being a one and done. So we get a 19 yr old for one year. I am not overly excited about this. I must be missing something.
Look at my post above. #97

Reaction Score
I like the confidence in his game. The "You can't stop me" attitude. Not loving coaches making playing time and NBA promises to land kids, but maybe that's the only way to land top recruits. Feed their egos.

Reaction Score

Why UConn?

“It was really just the coaching staff and the culture that they have there,” Castle said. “There aren’t any pro teams in Connecticut so basketball is the biggest thing out there. It’s not a football school, it’s a primary basketball school. The way the coaches push their players…they don’t pick favorites and they push everybody the same way so they can all reach their highest potential and I really liked that…I feel like they can help me get to the NBA, which is my main goal.”

Reaction Score
I like the confidence in his game. The "You can't stop me" attitude. Not loving coaches making playing time and NBA promises to land kids, but maybe that's the only way to land top recruits. Feed their egos.
Coaches better make a good attempt to deliver or they will not come.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
i am admittedly not as knowledgable as most. He says Hurley told him that he would push him to the standard he needed to be. That being a one and done. So we get a 19 yr old for one year. I am not overly excited about this. I must be missing something.
Just one time why can’t the boneyard just let me down. One thread no stupid posts.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Why UConn?

“It was really just the coaching staff and the culture that they have there,” Castle said. “There aren’t any pro teams in Connecticut so basketball is the biggest thing out there. It’s not a football school, it’s a primary basketball school. The way the coaches push their players…they don’t pick favorites and they push everybody the same way so they can all reach their highest potential and I really liked that…I feel like they can help me get to the NBA, which is my main goal.”

I think that quote should calm down everyone worried about playing time promises.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think that quote should calm down everyone worried about playing time promises.
Also it'd be shocking if he wasn't in the top 6 rotation players by ability alone. It's not a risky "promise."

Reaction Score

It’s bizarre. Their pitch is, we know what your goal is in basketball, and we recognize your talent. They lay out their plan, which includes expectations on all sides. How do you look at this staff and come away thinking they’re giving anything to anybody who doesn’t earn it?

Reaction Score
Everyone is calling him a SG. We may need to play another person in the 6'1-6'3 height range just for defensive purposes... but this kid is a PG through and through. He's a pass-first player.
a la hunter sallis?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
This should get a like from anyone who has ever meet a Hoosier fan.
I shared a house with one, a ball player born and raised in Indiana, for a couple of years just before our 99 'chip. I'm sure you understand what I went through.

Reaction Score
!!! Do we have enough spots for a 5 man class?

PG: Castle
SG: Edwards
SF: Griffiths
PF: Bowen
C: Miranda/Bradshaw
By my count, and on my recruiting lists I make, we have 4 total spots for that class. But the COVID scholarship thing threw me off so I might be wrong. I think castle, Griffiths, Edwards/Bowen, Miranda/Bradshaw is most likely

Reaction Score

Without getting too inside baseball, he's a very talented young basketball player. He's going to play for UConn and will make the team better when he's here.

There. You're all caught up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger