Stephon Castle Article (Borges) | The Boneyard

Stephon Castle Article (Borges)

Reaction Score
I didn’t see this posted, so I figured it’s worth its own thread. I’m super excited for this kid. As of now, Castle doesn’t plan to reclassify. It sounds like he could, though, and it hasn’t been ruled out. I’m sure it will depend somewhat on who we can bring in as a transfer.

Reaction Score
“There was a little bit of talk about it,” Quannette admitted. “That’s definitely gonna be something to really talk about. But I believe that he’s gonna go back to high school. There hasn’t been any decision on him reclassifying.”

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not saying it will happen, but interesting they didn’t take this opportunity to shut it down 100%. They probably do want to ask Dan what his opportunity would be if he did come in early.

Reaction Score
Nice article. Stephon is a really nicely balanced player, like the article says. Certainly he can work on his body/strength and endurance which will all help him excel for sure. He seems like a very stoic guy - sometimes I'd like to see a bit more energy from him (though to a little degree his body control and patience on the court might trick the viewer into thinking he is not working hard). On his high school team, he seems to defer a bit to those around him (as a good PG will) instead of taking control of the game like he can. I think he can up his speed/tempo and with his great court vision and body control without being out of control. I think with Floyd's up-tempo style and Stephon's vision and in-control style, the two of them could be an amazing combo in the backcourt and able to get Hawkins and Karaban open looks. I think a good UConn comparison for Stephon is Doron Sheffer - great court awareness and all around game.

Reaction Score
Nice article. Stephon is a really nicely balanced player, like the article says. Certainly he can work on his body/strength and endurance which will all help him excel for sure. He seems like a very stoic guy - sometimes I'd like to see a bit more energy from him (though to a little degree his body control and patience on the court might trick the viewer into thinking he is not working hard). On his high school team, he seems to defer a bit to those around him (as a good PG will) instead of taking control of the game like he can. I think he can up his speed/tempo and with his great court vision and body control without being out of control. I think with Floyd's up-tempo style and Stephon's vision and in-control style, the two of them could be an amazing combo in the backcourt and able to get Hawkins and Karaban open looks. I think a good UConn comparison for Stephon is Doron Sheffer - great court awareness and all around game.
Hopefully a better athlete.

Reaction Score
would love if he could fill the 4th open scholly as a reclass RS like floyd and karaban did this year. we need 3 transfer that can come in and play but a 4th would prob end up being the 13th man at the end of the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom