Stephen A. on UConn repeating | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stephen A. on UConn repeating

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
One, it's good to be part of the national conversation all summer and during fall. Regardless of what the team looks like, UConn has a bunch of good and consistent press coming their way.

That being said, 20 minutes until

Hacking Security Breach GIF by Matthew Butler

Reaction Score
This.

Hurley is uniquely equipped to deal with all the additions you mentioned. The guy is a basketball monster, he breathes it. His work ethic is off the charts, and his demands of accountability all the way from the top to the bottom of the program hierarchy are huge. The fact that he can do all this and maintain relationships with the people working for him and players that are based in honesty give him a ton of credibility. Might be his strongest attribute as a coach.
And This. I think the reason why people are picking us as #1 for next year is this unflappable confidence in DH. We do have a top 5 recruiting class, but we have no idea what the roster will look like and we are still being hailed. He absolutely blew people away this tourney and the praise is everywhere.

In DH we (and seemingly every head in sports) Trust.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
And This. I think the reason why people are picking us as #1 for next year is this unflappable confidence in DH. We do have a top 5 recruiting class, but we have no idea what the roster will look like and we are still being hailed. He absolutely blew people away this tourney and the praise is everywhere.

In DH we (and seemingly every head in sports) Trust.
Maybe a little of that. But from the early top 25s I've seen they're basically just a regurgitation of performance in the NCAAs, with some adjustments for teams that are losing a lot.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This.

Hurley is uniquely equipped to deal with all the additions you mentioned. The guy is a basketball monster, he breathes it. His work ethic is off the charts, and his demands of accountability all the way from the top to the bottom of the program hierarchy are huge. The fact that he can do all this and maintain relationships with the people working for him and players that are based in honesty give him a ton of credibility. Might be his strongest attribute as a coach.

Well said. Hurley is genuine and I think people gravitate towards that. Particularly in this day and age when so many people are full of, well you know.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
With a lot of legends retiring in college basketball recently it seems like the media needs a new coach to gravitate too. It used to be Coach K.

Is Hurley going to be the coach they start pushing moving forward?

Its possible. We just leveled up (again). If we maintain a top 15 type level over some consecutive years couple with some deep tourney runs, yeah I could see him being part of the New gen coaching stars.

Reaction Score
Maybe a little of that. But from the early top 25s I've seen they're basically just a regurgitation of performance in the NCAAs, with some adjustments for teams that are losing a lot.
Could be. Maybe it's just that I'm more attuned to UConn news but I haven't seen this type of jumping on a Coaches wagon in a long time. It's every podcast or show I watch- almost gushing praise from all corners. Hell Yes!!!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Its possible. We just leveled up (again). If we maintain a top 15 type level over some consecutive years couple with some deep tourney runs, yeah I could see him being part of the New gen coaching stars.
The list @tzznandrew posted earlier about active head coaches with a championship was eye opening. Pretty much no one except Pitino has two. The race for “best coach of this era” is definitely on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom